Suggestion Issue: Help on the engine extensions : local and localized

Pages: 1

danielle53

• Subscriber - Stencyl Indie
November 10, 2015, 11:44:32 am
Suppose, I am one of these teachers who want to run a course using Stencyl as a material, say to motivate youngers to learn some rudiments of the English Language
and notions of computer science... in a country where Internet connections are scarce and costly.
First thing, I would do is to deactivate all the links to your site.
Sorry for this idea, but anyway they are be useless for us and for your google ranks.
The help on the extension launch a browser opening the URL given in the info.txt
I have made some trials and in fact, it is possible
Code: [Select]
2015-11-10 15:06:06,837 DEBUG [AWT-EventQueue-0] stencyl.thirdparty.misc.net.LaunchBrowser: invoking isDesktopSupported
in fact it is rather simple to have a browser open on the file help.txt or help.html
but .. there is a but ..
I don't know how to introduce a variable that takes into account the exact location of, say, the engine-extensions folder.
Of course ... there are alternatives
I could deploy a local network and a help website, or impose to everybody to have a single repertory
somewhere on their computer, I would have only URL to put, the one pointing to an index.html included in it.
But I was wandering ... (Here comes the suggestion)
if it would not be a good idea to offer the choice between an on-line and a  local help out of
the box of Stencyl.
The local contents could be easily and collaboratively localized for the benefit of non English readers.
Eventually,  in time, the helps could be put on the Stencyl website !

Pages: 1

Details

• Reported
  • Updated

• View Status
    Public
  • Type
    Suggestion
  • Status
    New