Bug Issue: Control is down: multiple controls mapped to same button and game crash

Pages: 1

Luyren

• Master Stencyler
October 06, 2018, 08:15:00 pm
b10020, Windows 10

It seems the last button mapped to a control receives all the mappings from previous controls, when using the "control is down" block. Using pressed or released, or the key events seems to work fine. For instance, if I map the d-pad buttons to controls for the four directions, and then map action1 to X and then hold only X, all the checks for "control is down" for all the previously mapped controls will return true. This bug causes the game to instantly crash/close if you open it without a gamepad connected.

Sample game:
Test Scene has the behavior Test Behavior. It gets a game attribute of type list, with each entry with the format Control/Button Name, and map the controls accordingly. It maps up, down, left, right and "attack" to the d-pad and to the square button in the Dualshock 4 (I think X in Xbox Controller). It also prints text for any gamepad key press. While this is not exactly relevant for the error, it is my use case. I've tested manually setting up the buttons one by one.

TestActor has the behavior Move. For each control that is down, it will set the speed to that direction and print the direction name. Pressing "Attack" makes it stop.

If you hold Attack (square/X), you will see the log viewer printing all the directions, as it seems all those controls are mapped to that button.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 05:25:17 am by Luyren »

New attachment added by Luyren - October 06, 2018, 08:15:20 pm

Issue updated by Luyren - October 06, 2018, 08:19:22 pm
  • Issue renamed from "Control is down: mapped to multiple buttons" to "Control is down: mapped to multiple buttons and game crash"

Issue updated by Luyren - October 07, 2018, 05:25:17 am
  • Issue renamed from "Control is down: mapped to multiple buttons and game crash" to "Control is down: multiple controls mapped to same button and game crash"

rob1221

• Master Stencyler
October 12, 2018, 10:40:10 am
Fixed in b10026.
  • Status changed from New to Resolved
  • Issue Assigned from (none) to rob1221

Luyren

• Master Stencyler
October 12, 2018, 01:33:26 pm
Fix confirmed on b10026, thank you very much!

Pages: 1

Details

• Reported
    October 06, 2018, 08:15:00 pm
  • Updated
    October 12, 2018, 01:33:26 pm

• View Status
    Public
  • Type
    Bug
  • Status
    Resolved
  • Priority
    Normal
  • Version
    3.5.0 beta 1
  • Fixed in
    (none)
  • Assigned to
    rob1221
  • Category
    Engine

Tags

Attachments

* Gamepad Keyboard Conflict.stencyl (770.17 kB - downloaded 19 times.)