Bug Issue: Still can't test on Android


Pages: 1

evanyeti

  • Subscriber - Stencyl Studio
  • *
October 16, 2018, 12:07:52 pm
Using 10048. I will attach my debug logs.


New attachment added by evanyeti - October 16, 2018, 12:09:36 pm


rob1221

  • Master Stencyler
  • *
October 16, 2018, 03:05:39 pm
It's failing on the built-in ads extension but I'm not sure why.  Do you have any AdMob related extensions enabled?  Also what are your minimum and target Android versions?
  • Status changed from New to Need Info
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 03:05:51 pm by rob1221 »


evanyeti

  • Subscriber - Stencyl Studio
  • *
October 16, 2018, 04:26:00 pm
Min. API 19 KitKat. Max 26 Oreo.  Using Admob blocks for "innitialize Admob ads with app id..." , "Load Admob fullscreen ad", and "Show Admob fullscreen ad".


evanyeti

  • Subscriber - Stencyl Studio
  • *
October 16, 2018, 04:43:04 pm
I tried running a version of the game without ads and it still wouldn't test on Android. I am attaching my debug logs of that run.


New attachment added by evanyeti - October 16, 2018, 04:43:40 pm


rob1221

  • Master Stencyler
  • *
October 16, 2018, 09:02:13 pm
I assume you'd be able to test if you unchecked ads in the settings.


evanyeti

  • Subscriber - Stencyl Studio
  • *
October 16, 2018, 10:01:09 pm
The last test I ran had no ad blocks and ads were unselected. The latest logs I posted are from that test.


rob1221

  • Master Stencyler
  • *
October 17, 2018, 05:11:46 am
If that's the built-in version of the extension, it shouldn't be included if ads are not checked.  What engine extensions do you have enabled for that game?


evanyeti

  • Subscriber - Stencyl Studio
  • *
October 18, 2018, 08:12:23 am
There are no extensions in the game that I'm aware of. One thing I found out though is that if I try to clean project it throws all kinds of errors. The same happens if I try to change the app id name.


rob1221

  • Master Stencyler
  • *
October 18, 2018, 08:31:26 am
Could you post new logs after cleaning the project and testing with ads disabled?  Perhaps there is something else going on that is not directly caused by the ads extension.


evanyeti

  • Subscriber - Stencyl Studio
  • *
October 18, 2018, 08:50:11 pm
Attached are my logs with a game that has ads disabled. I selected clean project and then run in debug mode for android. This time it told me that the cached files were successfully deleted.  However it still did not test. It usually tells me the files could not be deleted and the entire game becomes unusable and I have to scrap it and start over with a backup.  Cleaning the game or changing the app id name which cleans cached files makes my game crash.


New attachment added by evanyeti - October 18, 2018, 08:50:32 pm


rob1221

  • Master Stencyler
  • *
October 19, 2018, 05:04:55 am
Code: [Select]
java.io.FileNotFoundException: Source 'C:\Users\matjw\AppData\Roaming\Stencyl\stencylworks\games\S\inner-joystick.png' does not exist
java.io.FileNotFoundException: Source 'C:\Users\matjw\AppData\Roaming\Stencyl\stencylworks\games\S\.cache\mbs\scenes\0.mbs' does not exist

These errors point to something going wrong with your game and losing files.  If you try testing with a blank game, does it work fine?


evanyeti

  • Subscriber - Stencyl Studio
  • *
October 19, 2018, 07:32:11 pm
Yes until I try to clear cache. Clearing the cache kills every game. And since renaming the app ID clears the cache, I can never give the games a unique ID without them being currupted. I will attach logs of an empty game testing in flash. I cleaned the cache and it destroyed the game.


New attachment added by evanyeti - October 19, 2018, 07:33:08 pm


rob1221

  • Master Stencyler
  • *
October 20, 2018, 08:22:32 am
Even with the same OS, same Stencyl build, and same Java version, I don't have any issues with cleaning the project and testing again.  A couple things I can suggest that may or may not fix the problem:
1. Download Stencyl again in case your current version was missing files.
2. Change your workspace folder.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 08:22:56 am by rob1221 »


evanyeti

  • Subscriber - Stencyl Studio
  • *
October 20, 2018, 09:04:21 am
It must be a workspace folder problem because I've had this problem even with 3.4. How do I change my workspace folder?


rob1221

  • Master Stencyler
  • *
October 20, 2018, 09:09:10 am
It's in the Stencyl preferences.


evanyeti

  • Subscriber - Stencyl Studio
  • *
October 23, 2018, 04:33:19 pm
Changing the workspace folder fixed the issue with clearing the cache and lets me test again! Thanks so much.  Having huge latency issues but will search around for a sollution.


Issue updated by rob1221 - October 23, 2018, 06:56:21 pm
  • Status changed from Need Info to Closed


Pages: 1

Details

  • Reported
    October 16, 2018, 12:07:52 pm
  • Updated
    October 23, 2018, 06:56:21 pm

  • View Status
    Public
  • Type
    Bug
  • Status
    Closed
  • Priority
    Normal
  • Version
    3.5.0 beta 1
  • Fixed in
    (none)
  • Assigned to
    (none)
  • Category
    Compiling/Testing Games

Tags


Attachments

* log-2018-10-16.zip (349.04 kB - downloaded 4 times.)
* log-2018-10-16 debug run.zip (418.96 kB - downloaded 5 times.)
* log-2018-10-18 clean attempt.zip (174.13 kB - downloaded 5 times.)
* log-2018-10-19 empty clean project.zip (196.29 kB - downloaded 4 times.)