Bug Issue: Tweening is broken (b10059/60) - Works on Mac but not on Windows

Pages: 1

harshhsrah

• Subscriber - Stencyl Studio
November 05, 2018, 12:28:29 am
All the slide/fade etc. tweens have stopped working on PC.
On Mac everything is extremely smooth. Both Mac and Windows PC are running b10059.
I found that if I left the screen idle for 5 minutes, I noticed the actors moving slowly as if the tween step was super slow.

This may be related
I had a small snippet of code for bezier motion in my game in an actor behaviour

import motion.MotionPath;
__actor.activePositionTweens++;
__actor.tweenLoc.x = __actor.getX(false);
__actor.tweenLoc.y = __actor.getY(false);
var path = new MotionPath().bezier (__endx, __endy, __controlx, __controly);
Actuate.motionPath (__actor.tweenLoc, __time, { x: path.x, y: path.y }).onComplete(__actor.onTweenPositionComplete).ease(Quad.easeOut);

This is throwing error at the time of compilation itself. I had to remove this entirely and the game compiled ok.

This error has occurred in b10059 for both Mac and PC. Latest build where this worked was b10050.

AlexVsCoding

November 05, 2018, 03:48:37 am
I second this, fade, slide and grow tweens are broken for me on both mobile and desktop.  This needs fixing ASAP
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 03:49:11 am by AlexVsCoding »

rob1221

• Master Stencyler
November 05, 2018, 04:53:14 am
The Actuate library was replaced recently which is why your code doesn't work and why there are new problems with tweening.  b10060 fixed a duration bug with slide/spin by.

rob1221

• Master Stencyler
November 05, 2018, 08:14:33 am
Fixed 0 duration tweens in b10061.  If there are any other issues, I haven't noticed them and will need a sample game to look at.
  • Status changed from New to Need Info

AlexVsCoding

November 05, 2018, 08:49:44 am
Fixed 0 duration tweens in b10061.  If there are any other issues, I haven't noticed them and will need a sample game to look at.

I'll give 10061 a download and see if it's fixed it. Scaling is where I'm experiencing the majority of my issues currently.

harshhsrah

November 05, 2018, 09:51:19 am
The slide tweens are now working fine in 10060 which serves my purpose for now.
If the Actuate Library has changed can you point me to what is being used now and I will see if I can find a way to make the code work.

A new issue has come up with 10060 which wasn't there in 10059.
If my game is in full screen and I do Alt+Tab and return back to the game the game is scaled down and positioned at the corner with black area shown all around. This is similar to what was happening in case of full screen toggle.
Can this be related to scaling and not the fullscreen openfl issue? as this was working well in 10059

rob1221

• Master Stencyler
November 05, 2018, 10:03:28 am
Look in plaf\haxe\lib\stencyl\1,00\com\stencyl\utils\motion for tween-related files.  There's also plaf\haxe\lib\tweenxcore.

The recent couple builds are just a minor edit to some tween functions in Actor.hx, so I think it's just a coincidence that you're seeing scaling issues now that you didn't see before.

yoplalala

November 05, 2018, 10:40:19 am
Code: [Select]
If my game is in full screen and I do Alt+Tab and return back to the game the game is scaled down and positioned at the corner with black area shown all around.
It's doing this on  build 10019

harshhsrah

November 05, 2018, 08:46:08 pm
Could be an old issue but I remember the alt+tab working ok on 10059. (can't check it as I have downloaded 10060 now)
Anyway, just wanted to mention this if it helps  - The alt+tab full screen issue is not present when I test the same game on Mac (b10060)
Similarly the tweening issues that you fixed weren't seen on Mac

Also this reminds me... is there a way to access the old builds ...not too far back but say for the previous 7-10 days?

***EDIT***
Did a crude fix for the alt+tab issue...I used the focus/gain lost event, on focus lost with alt+tab, I saved the game screen state (full screen/windowed) and scale mode (letterbox/stretch to fit or whatever) and on focus gain I set the game accordingly...It worked ok
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 11:06:02 pm by harshhsrah »

rob1221

• Master Stencyler
November 06, 2018, 06:23:00 am
I can confirm the recent fixes are in the downloaded version so it's not a build server issue.  Try the latest build, and if there are still issues left then attach a sample game I can look at.

harshhsrah

November 06, 2018, 07:16:42 am
I can confirm the recent fixes are in the downloaded version so it's not a build server issue.  Try the latest build, and if there are still issues left then attach a sample game I can look at.

Oh you got me wrong ...I meant the issue of tweens not working was not present on Mac to start with ...It was there only on Windows PC...(both were running 10059)
So to confirm, the slide/spin tweening is working fine now on PC and Mac was working anyway for me.

Issue updated by rob1221 - November 06, 2018, 07:57:01 am
  • Status changed from Need Info to Resolved
  • Issue Assigned from (none) to rob1221

Pages: 1

Details

• Reported
    November 05, 2018, 12:28:29 am
  • Updated
    November 06, 2018, 07:57:01 am

• View Status
    Public
  • Type