Bug Issue: Mac : project clean itself even if I haven't choose it

Pages: 1

RulezTeam

• Subscriber - Stencyl Studio
November 28, 2018, 02:07:15 am
Hi,

I've found with the latest release that if I change AppID the project clean itself even if I haven't choose to clean. With older release (for example 9328) this did not happen.

rob1221

• Master Stencyler
November 28, 2018, 04:22:36 am
Checking the logs I see this was an intentional change made a few months ago.
  • Status changed from New to Closed

Justin

• Master Stencyler
November 28, 2018, 04:57:03 am
To expand on that, the change was made because not cleaning the project when the Android App ID is changed would sometimes cause an error when compiling the game afterward. If the project is being cleaned when you change anything other than the Android App ID, it may not be intentional.

RulezTeam

November 29, 2018, 12:43:47 am
Hi,
I know the problem on Android, but on Mac, even if I changed the AppID no problem when compiling the game. So, my question was about this... on Mac.

Justin

• Master Stencyler
November 29, 2018, 05:15:55 am
Can you point out exactly which field you're talking about?

The field at "Mobile > General > App ID" should be the one that causes the clean project action. This App ID is only used for Android and iOS apps, not for macOS apps.

RulezTeam

November 29, 2018, 12:15:46 pm
Hi,
probably I badly explained myself. I'm on Mac machine, and when I change App ID for an iOS app, the project clean itself, but this event did not happen with the old versions of Stencyl. This clean project was present only on Windows and for Android App.

Justin

• Master Stencyler
November 29, 2018, 05:04:27 pm
Unfortunately the App ID is shared between iOS and Android apps. Changing the iOS App ID is the same as changing the android App ID.

I suppose since this isn't a problem for iOS Apps, we could only clean out Android-related files instead of everything.

Issue updated by Justin - November 30, 2018, 05:03:37 pm
  • Status changed from Closed to New
  • Issue Assigned from (none) to Justin

Pages: 1

Details

• Reported
    November 28, 2018, 02:07:15 am
  • Updated
    November 30, 2018, 05:03:37 pm

• View Status
    Public
  • Type