Suggestion Issue: Silly log exporting behaviour

Pages: 1

gerchicovbp

• Junior Stencyler
January 18, 2019, 07:57:16 am
Downloaded Stencyl 4.0.0 but it could be the common problem.

I tried  to use Stencyl to run any example on iOS device. I specified everything correctly but it still doesn't work. BUT OK, maybe I did some mistakes.

On test it doesn't show me any log - I MUST export log as zip, find this zip and unpack it back, open the result log file with third-party app...
Just WTF?

Justin

• Master Stencyler
January 18, 2019, 08:29:18 am
Use Tools > Logs > Generate Logs to create the zip file of your logs so you can attach them here.
  • Status changed from New to Need Info

gerchicovbp

• Junior Stencyler
January 19, 2019, 03:44:47 am
Use Tools > Logs > Generate Logs to create the zip file of your logs so you can attach them here.
the problem is in normal app if error is occured I can see it inside that app but Stencyl requires a lot of extra actions

Justin

• Master Stencyler
January 19, 2019, 04:01:55 am
I don't understand, I'm sorry.

gerchicovbp

• Junior Stencyler
January 19, 2019, 05:21:39 am
I don't understand, I'm sorry.
stop troll me please. Normal apps show error log immediately - without zip files and extra manipulations

Justin

• Master Stencyler
January 19, 2019, 05:37:47 am
I simply didn't understand what you were saying. Your last post clarified it for me.

So you're saying that you didn't want help figuring out why you can't test on your iOS device. You just wanted to know how to see logs from within Stencyl, right?

To view logs within Stencyl, you can use the Log Viewer. It's on the top toolbar next to the Settings button.

---

The ability to export your logs to a zip file is only meant to make it easy to share your logs with others.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 05:41:35 am by Justin »

Justin

• Master Stencyler
January 20, 2019, 06:49:23 pm
I'm going to close this since it doesn't appear to be a bug report or suggest new functionality (the log viewer already exists).
  • Status changed from Need Info to Closed

gerchicovbp

• Junior Stencyler
January 22, 2019, 02:35:44 am
I'm going to close this since it doesn't appear to be a bug report or suggest new functionality (the log viewer already exists).

Ok, according to this issue almost everything became clear except one thing - what about to add "view log" button inside  that error alert?

Pages: 1

Details

• Reported
    January 18, 2019, 07:57:16 am
  • Updated
    January 22, 2019, 02:35:44 am

• View Status
    Public
  • Type
    Suggestion
  • Status
    Closed