Bug Issue: unable to test game, told to post logs here [v4.0.1 build 10300]

Pages: 1

arpeggiudio

• Junior Stencyler
May 10, 2019, 07:43:17 am
Hi, the last thing we did was use add a click event to the scene editor (scene "lv3") to create an actor. We are unable to test any scene now in the game.  Java has been updated.

https://pastebin.com/X0B7tpJS

Thank you!

arpeggiudio

• Junior Stencyler
May 13, 2019, 08:53:16 am
fwiw, I was squinting at the logs and found this:

-=-=-=-=-

'C:\Users\mynamehere\AppData\Roaming\Stencyl\stencylworks\games\yp\resources\51-

1.png' does not exist
java.io.FileNotFoundException: Source 'C:\Users\mynamehere\AppData\Roaming\Stencyl\stencylworks\games\yp\resources\51-1.png' does not exist

-=-=-=-=-

Going to pursue and report back here!

arpeggiudio

• Junior Stencyler
May 13, 2019, 10:52:27 am
The error log was indicating a missing .png file (51-1.png)  I made a copy of 51-0.png and renamed it 51-1.png. Reloaded it, got the same crash, the log indicated another missing .png file. I did the same thing as before, reloaded, and the same thing happened. I deleted the background it referenced from the game, saved it, reloaded, it crashed and the log was indicating a missing tile file.

Finally I just deleted the whole scene, tiles and background associated, reloaded them and started the scene again from scratch. Hopefully this works. If not I'll be back . . .  :P

arpeggiudio

• Junior Stencyler
May 14, 2019, 06:35:03 am
I was not able to figure out what went wrong, but deleting the entire scene with the problematic images and starting over worked. Not ideal, but it worked. I think at one point I used an external editor on the background image, and this may have confused Stencyl? It was a background image from Stencylforge called 'Moonsky' and I think it is animated? I am using it now, not edited, and it works fine.

Happy Stencyling  8)

Pages: 1

Details

• Reported
    May 10, 2019, 07:43:17 am
  • Updated
    May 14, 2019, 06:35:03 am

• View Status
    Public
  • Type
    Bug
  • Status