Bug Issue: Screen tear when playing game on Mac platform

Pages: 1

NerdinaNutshell

• Subscriber - Stencyl Indie
June 01, 2019, 01:22:59 pm
When I went test my game on Stencyl 3.5 beta on the (full screen) Mac platform, I observed a noticeable amount of screen tear. For some reason anytime I tried to take a picture of the bug the issue would be fixed momentarily until I was finished taking a picture. I tried it afterward with the latest version of Stencyl and the bug is still there. I noticed that the bug won’t appear in non full screen mode.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 08:29:05 am by NerdinaNutshell »

Justin

• Master Stencyler
June 25, 2019, 04:08:09 am
Are you using a retina monitor? Can you try with the latest build? Apparently there are some fixes in our third-party libraries for retina monitors on macOS, but I don't have one so I can't confirm.
  • Status changed from New to Need Info

NerdinaNutshell

July 09, 2019, 06:53:49 am
Are you using a retina monitor? Can you try with the latest build? Apparently there are some fixes in our third-party libraries for retina monitors on macOS, but I don't have one so I can't confirm.
Sorry if I wasn't super clear about it, but I did try the newest version after. Regarding the monitor, I couldn't find anything about the type of monitor that a MacBook Air uses (but I'm not sure it's the issue). However, I do have some more info/things that I think would be useful: 1. This issue has only occurred whenever I use hand drawn graphics as opposed to CG ones (I'm wondering if it is just a lot for Stencyl but I'm not sure), 2. I have attached a phone video showing off the issue in action (don't know why I didn't do this before), 3. I actually have a game that contains this issue too (Link: https://nerdinanutshell.itch.io/puffy-man-demo (it's the one called Super Speeding Puffy)).  Hope this helps you get to the bottom of this.

Justin

• Master Stencyler
July 09, 2019, 03:32:52 pm
There's no attachment.

NerdinaNutshell

July 10, 2019, 06:40:00 am
 :o My bad sorry, here it is https://imgur.com/a/ED00IpP (hope this works)

Justin

• Master Stencyler
July 10, 2019, 06:08:24 pm
Looks like a vsync issue? Seems to go away when you play the game in windowed mode. Perhaps fullscreen is disabling vsync somehow.

NerdinaNutshell

July 10, 2019, 06:12:23 pm
It might be... but it also happened when another person played the game I linked so I’m not sure. I feel like full screen is very nice to use, but it’s doable without. Thanks anyway.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 06:25:17 pm by NerdinaNutshell »

Pages: 1

Details

• Reported
    June 01, 2019, 01:22:59 pm
  • Updated
    July 10, 2019, 06:12:23 pm

• View Status
    Public
  • Type
    Bug
  • Status