Bug Issue: Bitmap font editor won't update the font in the game

Pages: 1

• Subscriber - Stencyl Studio
December 03, 2015, 09:50:48 am
I set the image editor to Gimp, which basically works, but I'm having a couple of annoying problems: After editing a font's bitmap, the updated bitmap appears in the editor, but not in the game. Sometimes the font updates in the game, and sometimes it doesn't, but I can't figure out when.

If I close stencyl and reload the game, it looks like the bitmap gets resized or filtered, and the results look pretty messy. Ideally, I'd like to edit the different scaled versions of the font individually, and tell Stencyl to never mess with them. Is that possible?

Issue updated by captaincomic - December 15, 2015, 08:04:28 am
  • Issue Assigned from (none) to captaincomic
  • Status changed from New to Assigned

• Master Stencyler
March 15, 2016, 02:32:12 pm
I fixed a similar problem of the bitmap font properties not being saved: http://community.stencyl.com/index.php?issue=243.0

I could not reproduce the situation where the image is not being updated in the game. If you figure out the steps to make that happen, please let me know.

Issue updated by captaincomic - March 16, 2016, 05:29:12 am
  • Status changed from Assigned to Need Info

Issue updated by captaincomic - May 03, 2016, 04:27:48 pm
  • Tags added: abandoned
  • Status changed from Need Info to Closed

• Subscriber - Stencyl Studio
August 10, 2016, 03:05:19 pm
This is very easy to reproduce for me. Not just for fonts - every time I use gimp to edit a resource, there's a very good chance Stencyl won't pick up the changes unless I restart it and try again.

Which environment are you testing in? I'm on a Mac.

Pages: 1

• Reported
    December 03, 2015, 09:50:48 am
  • Updated
    August 10, 2016, 03:05:19 pm

• View Status
  • Type
  • Status
  • Priority
  • Version
    Stencyl 3.4
  • Fixed in