Suggestion Issue: An in-depth video Tutorial on Images

Pages: 1

ozz

• Subscriber - Stencyl Indie
June 25, 2020, 01:30:24 pm
I've been using Stencyl since the beta.  Made several games and I've never once gotten any image block to work.  I'm told they're great, really efficient and I've tried.  I try to incorporate them, but it always results in error messages and annoyance.   I keep rereading the Stencylpedia article and the comments, but it is very light when compared to the topic.   It seems like a subject that should have many pages dedicated to it, but there's no real walk-through and very few images(ironically). 

I know I'm not the only one who finds the Image system too complex.  I think what's needed is a Video Tutorial, possibly a series of them.  It seems like a nice feature and I think it'd be great to have a good learning tool to access it.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 12:22:40 pm by ozz »

Luyren

• Master Stencyler
June 25, 2020, 02:07:03 pm
I've made a few stencyl tutorial videos so far. I'll get to make one on images eventually, but it might take some time as I have other priorities.

That is my own stuff though, not affiliated with Stencyl.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 02:07:21 pm by Luyren »

ozz

• Subscriber - Stencyl Indie
June 25, 2020, 06:40:09 pm
Even an explanation of the bare bone basics would be invaluable.  As I said I've only ever gotten error messages kicked back when I try to do anything with the image blocks.  Something as simple as a picture of a behavior that works would go a long way. 

Oddly the only code blocks they show on the Image Stencylpedia page don't do anything.  I'm not sure if their from an old version or their just pieces of a greater whole but when I recreated them in my own game, it wouldn't test anymore.

Pages: 1

Details

• Reported
    June 25, 2020, 01:30:24 pm
  • Updated
    June 25, 2020, 06:40:09 pm

• View Status
    Public
  • Type
    Suggestion
  • Status
    New