Bug Issue: Splash/Launch Screen followed by Black Screen

Pages: 1

cgilbertson

• Subscriber - Stencyl Studio
November 13, 2020, 01:12:41 pm
Using Build 10657, the splash screen is followed by a black screen before displaying the first scene of my game on iOS.  I've played around with the atlases, and I've significantly decreased the memory of both my launch/splash screen and my opening scene, but I'm still having this problem.
I'm not sure if this is related, but on the first launch of my app after building, the launch screen displays for a significantly long period of time  (like several minutes) before anything happens.

irock

• Master Stencyler
November 14, 2020, 06:01:12 am
Does locking the phone (in order to prevent auto-launching) when building the game solve any of the two issues you mentioned?

http://community.stencyl.com/index.php?issue=1305.0

cgilbertson

November 14, 2020, 07:02:00 am
Keeping the phone locked to prevent auto launching considerably minimizes the time the splash screen displays (thanks for the tip!).  It doesn't however help the black screen in between the splash screen and the opening scene of my game.

cgilbertson

November 20, 2020, 01:08:17 pm
Does the black screen likely have to do with trying to load the opening scene of my game, or is it more likely that it's trying to display something it cannot find?

Justin

• Master Stencyler
November 22, 2020, 02:31:53 pm
Please try build 10658.

Issue updated by Justin - November 22, 2020, 02:39:20 pm
  • Tags added: 4.1.0

Pages: 1

Details

• Reported
    November 13, 2020, 01:12:41 pm
  • Updated
    November 22, 2020, 02:39:20 pm