Bug Issue: Send Back in scene designer doesn't always send tiles back

Pages: 1

oripessach

• Subscriber - Stencyl Studio
January 23, 2016, 09:37:31 am
See the behavior here:

https://youtu.be/Yr4zWBh7o6o

I select tiles, send them back a layer, and they stay put.  I'm trying to retrofit a bunch of existing levels with new tiles, and this makes recovering from mistakes very difficult.

rob1221

• Master Stencyler
January 23, 2016, 03:01:01 pm
Is the space you want to move those tiles to empty, or are there already tiles there?

oripessach

• Subscriber - Stencyl Studio
January 24, 2016, 12:10:26 pm
There are tiles there, that I'm trying to replace.

The workflow is pretty awkward.  I'm trying to replace tiles on one layer, while adding tiles to nearby layers. I sometimes end up adding tiles to the wrong layer, which is when I would like to just move them to the correct layer.

Are you saying that this isn't supported?

This is an issue because of the way the editor changes the current active layer even if you're just trying to change the visibility of a different layer by clicking the eye icon in the layer list. Changing the visibility shouldn't change the active layer.  See how Gimp handles the same operation, for example.

rob1221

• Master Stencyler
March 31, 2017, 11:59:41 am
I believe the way it works now is those tiles are forced to another layer rather then being deleted.  If users could accidentally delete entire levels just by adjusting layers I think that would be a bigger problem than what you're describing here.  If you want those tiles deleted then you'll have to do that before replacing them from tiles of another layer.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 12:02:38 pm by rob1221 »

Issue updated by rob1221 - January 18, 2019, 01:29:12 pm
  • Status changed from New to Closed

Pages: 1

Details

• Reported
    January 23, 2016, 09:37:31 am
  • Updated
    January 18, 2019, 01:29:12 pm

• View Status
    Public
  • Type