Bug Issue: clicking on too much text in text field = crash

Pages: 1

NobodyX

• Master Stencyler
June 24, 2016, 11:23:21 pm
If you have a text field in design mode, and you click a few times to select all the text, and there's too much of it, then the program gets totally unresponsive for a long while and you probably have to terminate the java process to get on with your life. (In Windows 7)

Oddly, if you click on the text and hold and drag down, then it selects all the text without a problem.

Issue updated by Justin - August 26, 2016, 02:19:42 pm
  • Issue Assigned from (none) to Justin

Justin

• Master Stencyler
August 28, 2016, 11:06:09 pm
Which block are we talking about here? I tried the print block, but a ridiculously long string of 'aaaaaa' had no effect, and regardless of the number of lines in the multiline blocks, triple click only selects a single line.
  • Status changed from New to Need Info

NobodyX

• Master Stencyler
September 04, 2016, 09:15:30 am
Pretty sure that it was an attribute setter block, but I just tested it with a print block and it has the same effect.

My computer is 7 years old so that might have something to do with it.

The bug isn't a massive issue anyway because clicking & holding at the start of the text and then dragging down selects all the text perfectly and I'm probably like the only one right now that's planning on using tons of text in single blocks.

Justin

• Master Stencyler
September 05, 2016, 08:48:47 am
Okay, I plugged in 35,000 characters into the text field and it slowed down for a couple seconds some of the time. It was enough for me to track it down.

I'm not sure if this affects other OSes but it should at least be fixed for Windows as of b9212. Whenever you update, confirmation would be appreciated.
  • Status changed from Need Info to Resolved

NobodyX

• Master Stencyler
September 05, 2016, 05:11:42 pm
Fix confirmed. :) Thanks

Justin

• Master Stencyler
September 05, 2016, 05:23:20 pm
Cool, thanks.

Pages: 1

Details

• Reported