Bug Issue: Misconfigured block definition in blocks.xml causes crash


Pages: 1

merrak

  • Master Stencyler
  • *
July 08, 2016, 06:33:09 pm
This particular problem in the blocks.xml file for an extension is not caught when the extension is read. Instead, the program freezes.

What I did was define a new block, but instead of writing

Code: [Select]
<text order="0"></text>
<text order="1"></text>

I had

Code: [Select]
<text order="1"></text>
<text order="2"></text>

I figured it out pretty quickly, since it was the only thing I changed between two sessions. Otherwise, it could be a difficult error to diagnose. It doesn't greet you with the usual "could not parse the parse the definitions for engine extension" error message... just a generic "Ouch!" and program freeze.

Using Build 9170, Linux 64 bit version.


Issue updated by Justin - August 26, 2016, 02:21:28 pm
  • Issue Assigned from (none) to Justin


Justin

  • Master Stencyler
  • *
February 18, 2019, 05:02:24 pm
This error is handled better in b10292.

Code: [Select]
ERROR Couldn't read field for block "blockname" in extension "extensionname". Order out of bounds: 2
ERROR Uninitialized field 0 for block "blockname" in extension "extension". Defaulting to String.
  • Status changed from New to Resolved


Pages: 1

Details

  • Reported
    July 08, 2016, 06:33:09 pm
  • Updated
    February 18, 2019, 05:02:24 pm

  • View Status
    Public
  • Type
    Bug
  • Status
    Resolved
  • Priority
    Normal
  • Version
    Stencyl 3.4
  • Fixed in
    (none)
  • Assigned to
    Justin
  • Category
    Engine

Tags