Porting Stencyl Games to Other Platforms

MeToo

I love Stencyl, and the variety of platforms we can export  to is a big part of that. As someone who does not know any coding languages the greatest temptation to use other game maker programs is some would allow us to export to more platforms, this is a particularly important issue for those of us planning a Kickstarter and wanting to know what we can promise people.

If we want to stick with Stencyl, for a number of great reasons, what would be involved in bringing someone in to port what we have made to other systems that other game makers support?

As related to each of the following platforms, what would this "porter" have to do? What languages would they have to know? How reasonable (downright easy in some cases?), expensive, time consuming would it be?

1. PS4
2. PS Vita
3. Wii U
4. Nintendo DS
5. Xbox One
6. Xbox 360
7. PS3
8. OUYA

Thanks

Rares

You will not only have to rewrite the code in a language supported by those platforms, but also pay licence fees to PS and XBox to develop and publish your game on their platform. I don't think porting a game made in stencyl to those platforms is practical in any way, but you will most likely need to learn a programming language (and that takes a lot of time)
Last version (0.1.5) of my now cancelled game:
http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/27241

MeToo

Also pay licence fees to PS and XBox to develop and publish your game on their platform.
Actually it seems there is no fee for Xbox One
http://www.xbox.com/en-us/Developers/id

Sony seems to be talking about not charging for licenses (not 100% certain on this), now the sony DevKit is said to cost $2,500, but Sony has a repuation for lending them out "like candy" for a year at a time. Now if a Stencyl user didn't get that deal, it would exclude most Stencly users, with the exceptions of bigger Ghost Song like projects for PS4.

Of course real programming and licenses will be required.

The question is if a person with the proper coding knowledge were brought in, how great would that task be for them to "convert" Stencyl exported games.

Jon has said some interesting things about Stencyl'ls potential future ability to handle some of the consoles, for example:

"Quote from: Jon on October 19, 2013, 01:46:06 pm
Via Haxe, 3.0 ends up exporting to C++ for a bunch of the targets, putting most/all consoles within reach. If the framework we're using (OpenFL) handles the last 10% (integration with the hardware, controllers, etc.), then it's a doable proposition for the platforms which don't force expensive SDK fees on you."

March 22, 2014, 10:16:27 am

"Any console support is dependent on whether OpenFL supports it"
" They'd like to support PS4 and XBox One next, but no code has been laid down for this so far."

So the question is, at this point in time, what would be involved in a coder taking Stencyl generated code (presumably C++) and tweaking it for a specific, bigger deal kind of  game?

mor911

I'd think Ouya would be the easiest considering it's Android. The others, I have no clue.

MeToo

I've read about OUYA from android mobile conversion being very easy. But It seems OUYA did not flourish.