WolfLife

EmilLowell

Game: WolfLife
Genre: Simulation
Rating: E/Everyone
Developed by: BlackNekos Studios and HuskyHeartMedia

Last Update: 5th June 2011
What was on the last update? Messing around with stats and moods.

What is WolfLife?

WolfLife is an animal simulation. The game is planned to be used on android and "I" devices, which will hopefully be happening when Stencyl is updated to make it compatible. We plan on releasing a beta version which will not be much as we do plan on selling this game.

You have the option to choose what to do, the really bad list below shows creation of the wolf.
  • Wolf Type
    • Grey Wolf
    • Red Wolf
    • Eastern Wolf
    • Arctic Wolf
  • Wolf Gender
    • Male
    • Female
  • Design
    • Design 1
    • Design 2
    • Design 3
    • Design 4
  • Name

That is for setting up your wolf.

On the screen there will be a simple hud showing:
  • Happiness: %
  • Hunger: %
  • Thirst: %
  • Attraction: %
  • Friendship: LVL
  • Mood: (Happy, Sad, Sick, Shy, Angry, etc.) affected by stats.

Hopes for the future:

We hope this game becomes big amongst the community and over time the world. We love animals here at BlackNekos Studios. Our aim to get the community to grow is to add a wi-fi system so you can meet friends, play with others, hunt and fight with others and finally mate with others.

If this does happen, we will create a secondary game for computers which will be placed on internet browsers to allow you to look after your wolf online and if you have cubs, raise them in your den.

We have ideas for DLC which we do not plan on saying at this point in time.

Ideas pitched by users:
Calm and peaceful is always the best for menu screens. Also, a suggestion:
Faminy Mode
You control a wolf, and you try to find a wolf of the opposite sex tobreed your wolf with it. Then you control one of the cubs.

Team:

Emil Lowell: Director, Developer, Artist
Joshua Ward: Artist (Hopefully)
Anthony Johnson: Musician (Hopefully)

« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 09:28:11 am by EmilLowell »

Stencyl Projects: WolfLife
Other Projects: Alpha and Omega
Company: BlackNekos Studios
Personal Tag: Your Friendly Furry Wolf =3

VirusChris

This seems very interesting and I look forward to seeing it when it's done.
INVOKE... VIRUS SOUL!!! ~ Chris Yuushi
"VirusChris" manga project - Unleash the power of the Nazo Virus

EmilLowell

In order to make life easier, what will happen is there will be 4 male designs, and 4 female designs. For the different breeds they will be re-colours and minor edits. This will make life 20 times easier!

VirusChris

Indeed... unless you had help with the sprites, but everyone got to start somewhere right? And from they you can evolve what you have into something better!

Good luck with the project!
INVOKE... VIRUS SOUL!!! ~ Chris Yuushi
"VirusChris" manga project - Unleash the power of the Nazo Virus

EmilLowell

New Ideas

So, I have been thinking of a way for this game's time system to work. If there is a way for Stencyl to recognize real time then I would have 1 day be equal to 1 week. have the timings set to

20:01 - 04:00: Night
04:01 - 08:00: Dawn
08:01 - 12:00: Morning
12:01 - 16:00: Afternoon
16:01 - 20:00: Evening

This will effect the mood of your wolf and effect their status as a whole.

Coming Soon

Hopefully (if I can get on the forum) I will have some teasers of what the wolves will look like. They should be good.

YellowWolf

I like wolwes, so I love this idea. Keep it up!
Signature :S

EmilLowell

@VirusChris, Thanks for the support and thanks for the good luck... :D

@YellowWolf, I guessed XD. I wonder how? thanks, I hope you keep an eye on progress ;D

Question

This question is concerning the music being used.

On the title screen there will be an option to disable the music. (Simple commands will control this stuff) but, I want to know, for the "Home" screen what sort of music would be best. Should it be calm and peaceful or something else. I would like some suggestions.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 07:03:27 am by EmilLowell »

YellowWolf

Faminy Mode
You control a wolf, and you try to find a wolf of the opposite sex tobreed your wolf with it. Then you control one of the cubs.

EmilLowell

Faminy Mode

I like your idea, but that will likely be implemented in V2... (maybe V1.5) it all depends on how things will run. I will keep that idea for later. Ideas will be posted on the main thread.

EmilLowell

Updates

As the website in which I speak to my artist is on has gone down, the sprites and assets will end up being later on, and I wanted to get images up asap. But oh well.

On the better side of things, I have taken YellowWolf's idea into consideration and I am writing how it will work and stuff. Whether that idea is made in stencyl, I do not know. But, it will go by the name WolfLife Adv. It will likely be a computer based game which will be able to trade data with that on the original version of WolfLife. So you do not have to recreate your wolf but allowing you to raise it on your computer as well.

Other Notes

On the main post, check the recent updates and what I am working on. Stuff will be posted there which isn't on here. In my signature there are three bubbles. Youtube, Twitter and Facebook. Some stuff will be posted there so check those out for details and stuff.

YellowWolf

Given up on this or what?

KungFuFurby

The day EmilLowell was last active on the forums was one month ago. I'm surprised how some ideas are long-lived even after the person that originally came up with them vanish.

Try e-mail?
Hi, all! I'm KungFuFurby, music composer. If you're looking for some music for your game, just PM me.
My Works List for Non-Stencyl Games
My Works List for Stencyl Games