Game disapeered

00george

Hi I was on stencyl then I reloaded it and I had to log in again and it asked me to do the tutorial again which was odd and all my games were gone. So I changed the workspace to where my games where and it kept bringing up a older version of my game. I even when inside the game folder and saw all the behaviours in there and the actors but on stencyl it keeps coming up with the older version with only 1 actor.

First pictures actors in game. Second Actors in folder. Also in the folder I found the behaviours but they dont show up in the game in stencyl.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 12:23:17 pm by 00george »

00george

Please help I spent hours on my game.

coleislazy

Stencyl will only delete a game if you click the "X" to delete it. They are still somewhere on your computer, you'll just have to figure out where. Use your operating system's search feature to search for the game's folder (its name is the same as your game's name). When you find it, you can either copy it to your new workspace, or point your workspace to its location.

00george

Thats the problem I go to the location of the game but they dont show up in stencyl not even the kits do.

coleislazy

Make sure your workspace is pointing to the correct place. When you open Stencyl, there is a button in the lower-left called "View Games Folder". This will open a window in your OS to your workspace's games folder. Ensure your game is there. If it isn't please do as I suggested above and search for it with your OS's search feature and move it there.

00george

Ok I will show you some screenshots to show you the problem I have the game in the right workspace checked 15 times. When I go into the rescources folder of the game theres all my actors but when I load up the game theres only 1 and all the behaviours have gone. Pictures are in first post I thank you for helping me with this.

Legendary Hoamaru

If your old game was in the same directory as the Stencyl program (or wherever Stencyl workspace pointed to) when you made the workspace change, then you overwrote your game with the older version.  During a workspace change, it copies games in your current workspace to the new workspace, which can possible overwrite files.  Did you ever delete StencylWorks.prefs?  Did you try to open an old version of Stencyl using Windows? Those are the only ways that can occur from my knowledge.

As a sidenote:  Always manually back up your games.  Constantly.  I always say this, but there really should be a sticky or recommendation somewhere because people end up unfortunately learning the hard way (I have as well).

00george

Um I may of cliked the button that said merge games dammit.