Stencyl 3.0 - Design Once. Play Anywhere. (Soft Launched on Feb 20th)

squeeb

Thank you!  Ill buy here in a few days and then i can " find the fun"

hdesign

;) good day jon when is the stencyl 3.0 free will be release

tlm

;) good day jon when is the stencyl 3.0 free will be release
This is a question that's impossible for anyone to answer, not even for Jon. See, the thing is, nobody knows this. There are issues in Stencyl 3.0, that's the situation. I'm not sure if it's feature-complete yet, either. When issues are fixed or new features are added, more issues can appear. It'll be released when it's ready, any date given is always an approximation. It was actually planned for the summer of 2012, originally. With an almost one-year delay as of now, even if someone answers, it's not likely to be very accurate ;).

Joe

We never announced a release date. We have internal goals that we aim for, but at the rate the ecosystem is changing (especially Apple's constantly changing requirements), delays are bound to pop up. We have a concrete list of items that need to be completed before we're comfortable with a public launch, but the fact of the matter is that users have published many games with the beta of 3.0, and we're encouraging all current subscribers who are starting new games to use 3.0.

crazysam

Hey guys, please release more posts regarding Stencyl 3.0 to answer things about pricing and what Haxe integration means for Stencyl. Haxe 3 is coming out and a lot of people are getting interested in Haxe. Please reflect this excitement on your blog :)

dripple

Haxe 3 is coming out and a lot of people are getting interested in Haxe. Please reflect this excitement on your blog :)
Unfortunately, Haxe 3 won't get supported. In another Thread (I had some problems with Haxe 3 and Stencyl installed on a Mac), Jon said that the supported version is 2.1 and there are not plans to move to a newer version of Haxe.
Sure, my games won't get better with all the new features of Stencyl.
But I do have more fun creating bad ones.

MayazCastle Keeper

tibonev

Quick Question, do you do student pricing for international students?
And the Studio package, will cover win(desktop)/flash/html5/ios and android?

rob1221

Yes, studio covers everything.

Joe

Yes and yes.

Photics

Yes and yes.

I have one of those immortal accounts. What does that mean when 3.0 comes out? Is it just infinite for 2.0 or does it automatically include 3.0?

I'm still hanging out on the outside, because of the Photics no beta policy. But I'm planning to get back to work on the book once 3.0 is public.
Michael Garofalohttp://photics.com – Author of The Interactive Stencyl Textbook 8)

Kjsten

Ok, when is 3.0 public going to be available? It's been a year now.  I'm starting to get suspicious that the "perpetual beta" is just a ruse to make money. 

Jon

It's a not a ruse. We're legitimately, deeply behind the original schedule.

Besides, it would be a really crappy, short-sighted ruse, and it's reasonable to think that going public with it would actually boost sales substantially in the long term, just like 2.0 did for us.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 05:43:04 pm by Jon »

vikingpotato

Ok, when is 3.0 public going to be available? It's been a year now.  I'm starting to get suspicious that the "perpetual beta" is just a ruse to make money.

huh?

Ryusui

I think he's referring to the fact that 3.0 is only available to paid subscribers as long as it's in beta.

Which means he has no comprehension of the project's scope.
In the event of a firestorm, the salad bar will remain open.

Mineat

Fixing and working with Haxe 2.x takes a LOT of effort to do in 3.0, especially with NME replacing AS3. I doubt that just anyone can do that in the public version for somewhat a reason right now(Haxe 2.0 experience and the change log in Chit-Chat, perhaps?).

In other words, going public with 3.0 is possibly like shelling out a bad game at its earliest stage, as it would ruin things for both the consumer and the company. Please hold on while you can. I am also checking for mistakes in my 2.0 app also before it happens.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 11:42:10 am by Mineat »