How to change scrollspeed for different backgrounds?

wolkilula

Hello everybody,

I've searching for the right code to change the scrollspeed for more than one background during the game.

Found this to change: "setScrollSpeedForBackground(x, y);"
But how can I change the speed for each single background.

Hope you can help me and thx for reading,

wolkilula

GeoPro

Im not entirely sure what you are asking but, if you go into the main menu (the one that appears when you first open up a game), then click on backgrounds on the left side. When you create a background from there it'll give you the option to set scroll speed for each one you make.

Max Finch

1) Go to scene logic and create a new logic.

2) Go to attributes in logic screen and click the create new (This is actor only attribute)

3) create 2 number attributes X and Y

4) Make statement (When created> Set scroll speed to X=X(X you created) and Y=Y(Y you created))

now attach it to every scene you will see X and Y set each one of those to the desired scroll speed

beniwood

1) Go to scene logic and create a new logic.

2) Go to attributes in logic screen and click the create new (This is actor only attribute)

3) create 2 number attributes X and Y

4) Make statement (When created> Set scroll speed to X=X(X you created) and Y=Y(Y you created))

now attach it to every scene you will see X and Y set each one of those to the desired scroll speed

It will change the background speed for all backgrounds in this scene. But I have 4 backgrounds with different speed in my scene. How can I change each one's speed ingame?

Thanks

« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 08:57:55 am by beniwood »

beniwood

UP. Does someone have an idea about how to do it?

beniwood

Does this mean nobody knows how to do it? or it's just impossible with stencyl?

Rexasul

In the dashboard, click backgrounds and then 'add background'. You can set scrolling parameters as well as parrallax scrolling factor (needs to be a repeated background). In the scene editor, click background and add the backgrounds you created and set their layer order as required.
my website |>>| shadowlabs.net

froz

I'm not sure this answers his question.

I've searching for the right code to change the scrollspeed for more than one background during the game.

Unfortunatelly I don't know the answer and I was hoping someone would post it.

Rexasul

I'm not sure this answers his question.

Unfortunatelly I don't know the answer and I was hoping someone would post it.

Oops, I saw his post count and assumed he overlooked the background feature. The only way I can think of is bit of a workaround - tiling a background actor using offscreen bounds and the widths and setting each background types' speed to an attribute that can be managed elsewhere.

edit* I didn't read one single post in this thread. I haven't slept for 2 days and that's the excuse I'm sticking with.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 07:14:16 am by Rexasul »
my website |>>| shadowlabs.net