Stecylworks 2.0: Video Player Help?

Master

Can anyone help me with the Stecylworks 2.0 Utilities Scene [Video Player] Behavior

I do not know how to get the Remote Video URL and I'm also not 100% on how to Trigger the events. plz help. :)

captaincomic

Hi!

For testing in Stencyl you can use the local video URL to point to a file in your file system. For example:
Code: [Select]
file:///c:/path/to/the/videofile.flv
The remote video URL is used when exporting the SWF and testing it in the browser or when you upload the game to a server. It should point to a network resource, like this:
Code: [Select]
http://www.example.com/videofile.flv
You can trigger events with the "trigger event ..." blocks found under Behavior in the Palette.
In this case you could use
<trigger event "Play" in behavior "Video Player" for this scene>

UnnUndrgrnd4114

I had the same issue, so this tutorial helped me significantly. I now have an issue with the videos playing in the published game. Please help

UnnUndrgrnd4114

Please, any help would be appreciated. The videos play in the test game through video player, but won't play in the published game. My students want to see the progress & I don't want to be empty handed. I need to show them no later than this Friday 4/12. Please help anyone

captaincomic

Probably a security issue. Is the video file on the same server as the game?
You can also try to trust the SWF: http://www.stencyl.com/help/view/web-flash-security/

UnnUndrgrnd4114

Not sure how to answer the question, but I'll try. The videos are in a folder on my computer's desktop. I was thinking of just copying and pasting info from the cutscene example game on stencylforge, but I'll definitely look into the security link

UnnUndrgrnd4114

It did end up being a security issue that's been fixed. I got to show my students the progress yesterday & I thank those who helped determine the cause