Mini-Suggestion Thread

DrAwk

You know what would be nice? If the tileset importer had an overwrite tiles function, instead of appending the tiles to the end of the table. And multiple row and column selection to delete unnecessary rows all at once instead of one at a time.

Otherwise, it becomes a serious pain to update graphics. Or worse, having to do all the scenes all over again.

gamegirlxl

You know what would be nice? If the tileset importer had an overwrite tiles function, instead of appending the tiles to the end of the table. And multiple row and column selection to delete unnecessary rows all at once instead of one at a time.

Otherwise, it becomes a serious pain to update graphics. Or worse, having to do all the scenes all over again.

I've given up on using tiles because they are a pain.  I also hate using the scene editor because you need to change attributes in EVERY SINGLE ACTOR instead of just changing it once for a group of actors (like in Adobe Illustrator, with the vectors).

Derek

I know I already asked for this a while ago, but the font editor is still giving me something of a hassle in regards to what I want to do (I wonder if inserting a fully custom font as a .PNG file instead of a font file would change that).

The top image is the type of font I want to have in the sense of having a colored (or black in this case) border around with a shadow. The bottom one is my attempt at using the font editor to replicate the effect but ended up having the black border suffocating the rest of the font. Also, still no shadow color for non-smoothed out fonts. I'm wondering if the Joe and co. are still working on this.
Don't be a critic on the internet while eating and drinking at your computer.

Jon

At this very moment, I've been working on an alternate font editor that bypasses our existing approach and lets you directly import bitmap fonts (as PNG's). It'll solve every problem related to the existing approach.

DELETED_117713

Since there's so much junk going on when you try to create point towards scripts, why not minimize it to this?

It would allow an actor to point at the specific actor type, ether the closest,  or farthest of that actor type.

This would be a simple workaround to the annoying amount of math and scripts you need to point at an actor. The closest or farthest option would be great for tower defence games, as the tower would point at the closest enemy actor type.

Mineat

Make blocks for manipulating backgrounds and foregrounds that are also compatible with the image API in 3.1, please? That would help me and lots of developers.  EDIT: Make haxe.Timer inclusion for attributes possible, also!

« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 06:23:08 pm by Mineat »

HidetoKoudanshi

When I'm done working on my game for awhile, I always manually save instead of closing the game and saving from there, so that I don't make a mistake and not save all my work. It's annoying to manually save and then when I close the game or even close the whole program, Stencyl, have it ask me if I'd like to save my game before closing or close without saving.

Can we have Stencyl check if the last thing we did before attempting to close the game or whole program is manually save so that it doesn't bring up that pop-up box but instead just closes neatly?
If I ever commission you for code work, please know that I understand how commissioning works. You must get paid first before you will code anything for me. Only once you are paid the agreed-upon price, will you begin coding for me. I respect artists and coders. You deserve to be paid for your hard efforts.

Leaufai

This is not about Stencyl, but rather the site. Could we have, when we login, not have the site return us to the homepage but to the page we were instead. If I'm logging in on the forum, I just want to go to the forum and not have to click an extra button to get to it once again.

torcado194

I would like a way to remove a single block from the code with one click (with middle click or while holding a button and clicking)
And also a way to fill all empty boxes in blocks with an attribute or text.

Because right now if i want a copy of a vary large section of repeating code but i only want to replace 1 variable with another i need to remove all of that variable and put in the new variable in all the locations.
Or basically a "find and replace" function.

MetalLord

A way to automatic convert imported mp3 files to ogg would be nice.

galaxys

A "wait for X seconds" block that delays everything behind it for X seconds. I've found many posts that misunderstanding "do after X seconds" block in this way, so why not make a block that actually do this?

SadiQ

A "wait for X seconds" block that delays everything behind it for X seconds. I've found many posts that misunderstanding "do after X seconds" block in this way, so why not make a block that actually do this?
Because it's as simple as Do every x seconds, toggle a boolean...Always.. If boolean is true...Do stuff.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers! Doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

ChristianEs

"if ad is displayed" kind of block.  not when the ad is loaded like when you click on it, but if the "small rectangle" ad is  shown (add impression)   for example, i want to put a message only if the "small ad" is visible  but sometimes even the small ads fails to load as you know.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 01:07:46 pm by ChristianEs »

Rimrook

I got a few things:

Blocks to change the BG/FG graphics in-game. Also concerning BG and FG elements, when a BG or FG is scrolling, it has a constant scroll across the screen and if the camera moves, the BG and FG doesn't pan with the level, it's like it's in screen-space. I have to create a complex BG/FG actor to handle this and it feels it should be something stencyl does naturally. Always thought that was really strange.

One-way platforming to be a collision type for tiles. I was playing Super Mario World for the sake of nostalgia and realized I would never be able to recreate most of the levels in Stencyl if I tried, yet back in the day it was done with a simpler system. This is the level that made me think of it.

Also it would properly behave with other players and enemy actors since most of the one-way platform actor coding reacts only to one player and switching between solid and not. Add this would solve a lot of headache.

Maybe this one is a stretch but maybe the ability to play .swf animations for the sake of cutscenes and storytelling. An extension for swf animations for actors has been mentioned, but thinking broader, I'd at least like to see some support for animated cutscenes. I feel if we had this, stencyl would gain some fancy points, not that it isn't extremely fancy already.

If all this doesn't make it into Stencyl, extensions would be the next best thing. But I feel extensions are a little band-aid-ish in some cases.

Justin

BG/FG support was revamped for 3.2.
For Live Support: Join our discord server and ping me @justin.
I'm most often available between 10am and 10pm Japan time. (GMT+9)