Actor won't move sometimes.

Smiletowncrew

I have this game http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/14058 and my actor stops sometimes, and i don't really know why..   :-\
Teach me more master! :o

rob1221

Are you using the default 8 way movement behavior that comes with Stencyl?  If not, try that.  You can see it when you try attaching a behavior to an actor.

Smiletowncrew

Are you using the default 8 way movement behavior that comes with Stencyl?  If not, try that.  You can see it when you try attaching a behavior to an actor.

It is the one i am using!;( is it possible that it has something to do with the actor?;s
Teach me more master! :o

rob1221

The actor shouldn't have anything to do with it.  Maybe the default 8 way movement behavior is the problem.  I see that if you move diagonally against a wall, you can't continue moving in the direction of that wall unless you release the keys.  So lets say you have a wall to your right, and you're moving up and right.  If you clear that wall while holding up and right, you'll continue to move up but can no longer move right unless you release both movement keys.  I am guessing the problem is that your speed is not being set while you're holding multiple keys, or maybe the speed is set upon pressing and releasing rather than on every frame while holding the key down.