Unable to install problem

8fifty2

I am getting as far as to recieve an email back saying the game built but when I try and install my test via either direct or itunes I get a failed to install sign.

I'm using windows 7, stencyl 2.2 and have put in an identifyer a p12 and a provisioning file.

I dont know what else to try.

Any ideas

Joe

Did you tell Stencyl your device's Mac address?

8fifty2

I did yes. I even tried that with two different devices both authorised in the provisioning profile.

toml2003

Did you fix the "over 2048x2048 atlas" issue I saw you post about in another thread?

8fifty2

Well observed and I didn't but I tried ad hoc testing one of the sample projects without the atlas issue and I had the same failed to install problem. Not sure what the atlas thing effects, maybe performance or something. Appreciate your suggestions though

toml2003

When the first one failed to install, did you delete it before trying again?

8fifty2

Delete the ipa from my iTunes and computer? I did that not positive how thoroughly I did all the deleting but tried the process a good 10 times.

toml2003

I meant on the iPhone it's self. From expireince, you can't install successfully over top of an Unable to Install app. You need to delete it before reinstalling.

8fifty2

I'll give it another pop today I think and try making sure its all deleted. If that's not the culprit do you have any other suggestions. Thanks

8fifty2

I Gave it another try but to no avail. I'm not sure where I could be going wrong. All my information appears to be correct. Has any one else had much success with ad hoc testing on pc. Also I plan on going pro if I can get this working, does anyone know if this process is easier pro or just done the same. Thanks

8fifty2

Bump!
Lack of progress  ::)

Joe

So you verified that you uninstalled the AppScaffold project directly from the phone itself? If you're getting a successful build back, it should mean that everything's fine on the Stencyl side of things. A couple of other things to try:

- Verify that you can build sample games.
- Start over from scratch, with a new cert, App ID, and provisioning file.

8fifty2

Tried a large variety of things and appreciate your efforts but getting this working on windows is just top much effort. Gonna go down the apple route. Thanks