Where is members/users list?

Darkhog

Wasn't sure if this is a bug (probably not) but where it s and how to access it?

There are no impossible things. There is only lack of skills.
Don't click this if your computer has less than 641 kilobytes of RAM.
Stencyl stencyling stencylish stencylers :D

Hectate

:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

Joe

Is there really any reason to have that? You do get the Who's Online list, I believe.

Jon

If you need something that's on this that isn't available in the user search, it could be added in the future.

Darkhog

Basically I'd like to view full user list to see who and when (that via users' profile) registered. And I'd like to know why this is inaccessible for normal users? Also with user search I need to know at least partially name of user and with memberlist I can see if there are familiar usernames (maybe someone who I know registered here and I didn't know that).

And no, periodically search for usernames that those people which I suspect to have Stencyl isn't an option because it may come in many variants. Let's say there is on one forum user called DummyUser. When I search Stencyl users for that user it won't give results because he is registered there as DummUs3r (asterisk isn't option because I don't know which characters got replaced) or |)ummyU5er.

And please don't make excuses of "privacy" type, because "People you may know" on start page and "User follows" on any user's public profile already break it.

There are no impossible things. There is only lack of skills.
Don't click this if your computer has less than 641 kilobytes of RAM.
Stencyl stencyling stencylish stencylers :D

Hectate

And please don't make excuses of "privacy" type, because "People you may know" on start page and "User follows" on any user's public profile already break it.
Concerning privacy, there are a couple of things to consider. I can't answer for Jon, but here's what comes to my mind.

1. "People You May Know" or whatever uses your friends' friends (people being followed by people you already follow) to suggest additional names. If someone wants to operate in a "stealth" mode, nobody will be following them in the first place and they won't be suggested.

2. "User follows" is the same thing - they can't be followed if they're never posting in the forums and always operating (as you do) in "hidden". Coincidentally, if I see (1 hidden user) now, I automatically assume it's you (not that it would be correct to do so, merely that my mind has associated that with you because of your request to do so).

3. Seeing as Stencyl registration creates multiple accounts for the new user - including forum users - it's entirely possible for users to be accessing Stencyl and still desire to maintain their privacy from other users. I can forsee a future where fan/user-run Stencyl-themed community sites operate independently of Stencyl.com and a class of users that keep to themselves.

4. Minors on the internet cause a whole slew of privacy concerns. I don't know what Poland's laws are like concerning underage users, but since both Jon and Stencyl are operating out of the USA, he has to be subject to things like COPPA (wikipedia). Depending on what information a minor inserts into their profile (intentionally or otherwise) it could be subject to this law. Notably, this is specific to minors under 13 I believe, but COPPA is not the only legal concern when it comes to minors, just an easily identified one.

5. Since Stencyl does create a forum user for registered users, it also acts as a sort of "customer list" for Jon/Stencyl. I know of no company that actively advertises their client list - it's a bad business practice for you (the market is very competitive) and generally frowned upon by the customers.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.