Can Not Upgrade 2.1.0 to 2.2.0! Please help.

Yeti Ball

I currently have 2.1.0 (b501) and every time I open (I "run it as Administrator" in Windows 7) it the software asks me to update to 2.2.0 (b502).  When I select the "Download and Upgrade" button, a window called "Downloading Update..." appears.  Once it finishes downloading I get a new window, called "Success!" which says, "You have updated to 2.2.0 (b502).  Stencyl must restart to complete this update."

I then select the "Restart Stencyl" button.  Everything seems to close and then this pops up...

Updater: Stencyl was unable to apply the update. Please try again."  >:(

I have tried several times always with the same results.  It never upgrades and I still have 2.1.0. 
I searched the forums before posting this and didn't seem to find anything related to this issue.  If it is common I would have thought I would have found something, but perhaps it is not a common issue. 

Anyone know why this is happening?

Water Drop Game
Check out my new game on the Stencyl Arcade (UPDATED June 21st!).
http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/13158
Don't forget to comment and rate! :D

Yeti Ball

I'm surprised no one is either having a similar problem or can suggest a fix.  I'm going to uninstall and reinstall stencyl and see if that doesn't solve the problem.

Water Drop Game
Check out my new game on the Stencyl Arcade (UPDATED June 21st!).
http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/13158
Don't forget to comment and rate! :D

nestacio

Having the same problem - I uninstalled and reinstalled, even tried running the sw.jar file that is downloaded directly from the command line (using terminal on a mac). Did an uninstall work for you?

nestacio

To add one more data point, this is on a machine that FORMERLY had 2.2 running properly. I had to download and reinstall 2.1 (the only option for reinstalling) after Pencyl refused to launch from my previous Stencyl installation.

After Stencyl 2.1 was reinstalled, I received the alert to upgrade from within the app, the sw.jar file downloads, but upon relaunching the app, I receive the messages informing me the update failed.

I reinstalled the latest version of Java and still no go. Stencyl 2.1 works properly but I can't fathom how the previous (first) time I installed Stencyl it upgraded to 2.2 without any issues.

minedigger

Having the same problem running Stencyl 2.1 on a Mac with OS X 10.6.7, and havenĀ“t found any solution yet.

tureba

I'm experiencing the same two problems: The first is that version 2.1 is the only one I can download from the website. And the second is that the upgrade fails with an exception thrown on the console:
[LOG] Running patcher.
[LOG] java -jar patcher.jar "/home/tureba/stencylworks/games/" "/tmp/stencyl8931112409393707122/updater/" "/tmp/stencyl8931112409393707122"
[LOG] Could not run the patcher. Continuing anyways.
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "java": java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory
        at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Unknown Source)
        at stencyl.sw.updater.Updater.callbackDownloadFile(Updater.java:533)
        at stencyl.sw.updater.Updater.access$200(Updater.java:38)
        at stencyl.sw.updater.Updater$1.done(Updater.java:707)
        at org.jdesktop.swingworker.SwingWorker$5.run(Unknown Source)
        at org.jdesktop.swingworker.SwingWorker$DoSubmitAccumulativeRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
        at org.jdesktop.swingworker.AccumulativeRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
        at org.jdesktop.swingworker.SwingWorker$DoSubmitAccumulativeRunnable.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.Timer.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.Timer$DoPostEvent.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory
        at java.lang.UNIXProcess.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(Unknown Source)
        ... 27 more
[LOG] Closing log file '/home/tureba/stencylworks/logs/05-30-2013_0654_PM.log'...

Joe

Do you have Java 1.6 installed on your machine? If you open up Terminal and type in "java -version", what do you get?

tureba

I realized that in the console it said:
<r><updateRootUrl value="http://static.stencyl.com/sw/stencylworksBeta/502" /></r>
[LOG] http://static.stencyl.com/sw/stencylworksBeta/502/files.xml
[LOG] HTTP/1.1 200 OK
<files>
   <file src="sw.jar" checksum="none"/>
   <file src="plaf/ios/template.pbxproj" checksum="none"/>
</files>
So I manually copied these files from /tmp/stencyl*/updater into their respective locations and restarted Stencyl. Now I have a working 2.2.0 system.

Joe

Our hosting service was experiencing some intermittent issues around the time of your post, so it's possible there was a connectivity blip during the update process.

Blue461

I Also did the same thing.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 09:19:22 am by Blue461 »
THE NEXT GENERATION

2014 NOW WITH DRONES!