Date Extension

olezek

Is it possible to display only date without time? if yes could you tell how. thank you

Is it possible to display only date without time? if yes could you tell how. thank you
Yes, one of these blocks has a dropdown to choose what you want to get. Just chose the month, day and year and put them together.

Vectrex71

May i ask you, is this also 64Bit compatible ?

MrBerni

Hey guys this is my first post in the Stencyl community and I was wondering if anyone of you peeps have an example of code that time stamps when the screen is closed or out of focus. Then when you open the game again or re focus it will calculate the time difference based on the time stamp. Basically i need the time difference so i can add the appropriate points to the stuff in my game that is always rising.

please and thank you!

Neotron

I use this extension in one of my game. But atm it is not working. I think because of 64 bit. How can i fix this issue? Somebody can modify the extension?

rob1221

This extension is Haxe only and so does not need changes for 64-bit.

Okk

Same problem here with the "Day of the week (0-6)" command.
Does anybody know of a workaround?

irock

It looks like the author made a simple typo which made the "day of the week" dropdown get the day of the month instead. Since Dom818 doesn't seem to be around, I fixed it and updated the extension for them.

Oninou

Hello i have added this extension to calculate offline gain

I have a weird bug i wanted to use it but everytime i use the 2 block

Convert in and get current timestamp the result in Min Hour or Day is always in minus "-" ... (i dont round it)

I wanted to add a daily reward system based on the current day and current day - 1 but right now it show my current day at something like -20.30594020 ....

Im hoping this might help some people... Could be outdated, but I'll leave this here anyway.

Let me know what you think.

Hi! Sorry, I'n new to Stencyl, but how do I install this?

LIBERADO

I'm spanish, excuse me for my bad English.
I'm not a private teacher. Please, post your questions in the public forum.

bonzero

whao this extension has gotten a lot better since the first version I tried! I've been playing with it and so far it seems to work flawlessly and perfect to be used with timer mechanics (specifically the numeric timestamp is super easy to use)

KramerGames

What exactly does the timestamp do? Does it convert the actual date into milliseconds? and if yes, where does it start? It currently shows me 1.3 billion seconds, and one year has 31million seconds, so it shows me the past 47 years in seconds?

Anyhow, I want to use it to calculate offline gain, so I assume I can just get a current time stamp - last time stamp and have the seconds the user didn't play the game? Does it acknowledge the varying number of days within a month?

Many questions, but I just wanted a quick check before I base my game on it.
Thank you!
Parasites United  (Idle Parasite Game)

FMStudioGameDev

Timestamp shows how many seconds have passed since  January 1, 1970 at 00:00:00 UTC.

And yes this extension does exactly what you said, you just have to take current timestamp minus last saved timestamp and you know exactly how many time have passed.  Than you can just convert returned milliseconds into minutes, hours, days...

What exactly does the timestamp do? Does it convert the actual date into milliseconds? and if yes, where does it start? It currently shows me 1.3 billion seconds, and one year has 31million seconds, so it shows me the past 47 years in seconds?

Anyhow, I want to use it to calculate offline gain, so I assume I can just get a current time stamp - last time stamp and have the seconds the user didn't play the game? Does it acknowledge the varying number of days within a month?

Many questions, but I just wanted a quick check before I base my game on it.
Thank you!