"Rate My App" Feature

JasonIrby

In the IOS world there are a couple of solutions you can embed to provide this for you. 

Squeezing good reviews out of user can be tricky.  You will definitely get more review with a clear "Call to Action" rather than just hoping they think of it.  You also want to catch them in the ideal stage  of their interaction with your app.

You can set it to prompt at the Xth launching of your app.  4Th or 5th launch seems to work pretty good, but configurable is best. And being able to configure the message is desirable.

If they've launched 4 times they must be showing some interest and have some positive feelings towards it else they would have already deleted.  Yet, you are still catching them in the honeymoon period before they've become bored and jaded.

This seems like it would be a good game level configuration for the IOS/Android targets.  An alert that pops up and says something "I hope you have been enjoying FooGame!  Would you mind taking a moment to rate this game?  You positive feedback would be very appreciated."  And an OK button that would navigate out to the appropriate store page for the app.

-J

vikingpotato

You can do that still i think..

JasonIrby

You can do that still i think..

I guess I was suggesting that that feature be baked into Stencyl so that a user wouldn't have to export and hand modify an XCode project to tie in a third party library.

A lower priority, but it would be a nice to have.  Harvesting positive store reviews can noticably improve download rate and it effects chart ranking.

-J

Joe

In 3.0, you can build native extensions to tie in other libraries from within Stencyl without having to go the current route of modifying Stencyl's Xcode project.

JasonIrby

Ah, OK.  Gotcha now.

Hopefully that can be used to integrate Crittercism support too.  I'd hate giving that up.  ;D

-J