[Flash] Scaling Does not Scale Preloader

rob1221

When uploading my last couple games on the Stencyl arcade, I noticed that the preloader (including Mochi ad) isn't scaling with the rest of the game (1.5x scale).  This fortunately does not cause a problem for me when using Mochi live updates on other sites, but it may be a bigger concern for other developers.

mzxstosch

Bump. Is there any word on this? Newgrounds ads/Mochi ads look awful when using it as preloader.

runimals

Same issue here.

rob1221

For the normal preloader, just make sure to import the scaled up version of your preloader background.  For the ad preloaders, this looks like a toolset bug.  I'll look into it more tomorrow, and if I can't solve it I'll at least make some notes for the developers more familiar with the toolset.

rob1221

I found the lines to change and confirmed the change to the Mochi preloader, but I tested with hardcoded values that I need to change.

Jon (or any other toolset devs), under the generatePreloader function of HXWriter.java, there is code setting up each kind of preloader.  They all refer to game.getScreenWidth() and game.getScreenHeight() which is the game resolution at 1x.  Those variables either need to be changed or multiplied by the engine scale, but I'm not sure of the code to use.

EDIT: game.scaleModeWeb seems to be it.  I'll test the Newgrounds preloader and if that works I'll edit all the other preloaders too.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 01:52:36 pm by rob1221 »