Is the free version of Stencyl suited for sponsorships?

Icarius

Hello!  :)
I'm new here at Stencyl and this is my first post, so please tell me if I'm doing something wrong! ^_^

I want to make Flash games and I plan to get a sponsorship deal. I already downloaded the free version of Stencyl. The problem is, I read somewhere in this site, that if I want to get a nice sponsorship deal, its best if I buy the pro version of Stencyl. But I don't have enough money to buy it.

So, I was wondering, if this was true. Can I still get a nice sponsorship deal even if I use the free version of stencyl? And if not, then why? What's in the pro version that makes it suited for sponsorships?

« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 11:44:06 pm by Icarius »

BindOnAccount

What you could do is make acouple small games with free until you have made enough for Pro and then WHAM! You have pro and more experience.

gruffman

There's no problem getting sponsorships with the free version :)
Now available for all Android Devices - Happy Face Concentration
My Games To Date
Find A Face / Hero Of Oda / Snakes And Ladders
Hungry Monkey available at fgl.com for Sponsorship
My site - Gruffgames.com

Luyren

The problem is, I read somewhere in this site, that if I want to get a nice sponsorship deal, its best if I buy the pro version of Stencyl.
The only problem is that some sponsors would ask you to remove the splash screen, which requires a Stencyl subscription. But there's also an option to display a badge instead of the splash screen (I think), so this is less of an issue.
My Stencyl resources are available here: https://luyren.itch.io/
Cutscenes, RPG Elements, Particles, Map System and many more.