Rate MarcumGames

marcumgames

What is it? It isn't vector art.
I own Marcum Games

irock

You've made bitmap art. All pixel art is bitmap art, but not all bitmap art is pixel art.

osiaslemuel

Irock's Avatar is an example of a pixel art.

irock

osiaslemuel's avatar is an example of bitmap art.

Blob

Irock's avatar is an example of bitmap art.

irock

Blob's avatar is an example of both bitmap and pixel art.

ipe 369

stahp osiasamuel's is bitmap art? i thought it was vector....

Anyway yeah, just cause you've made a picture out of pixels doesn't mean it's pixelart.

osiaslemuel

hey ipe  :)
yea my avatar is a vector art and I made it using Adobe illustrator, but I convert it into .png so it could be shown.

Sometimes its hard to know if its a bitmap art or a vector art. Its really on how they are made and their file type. But if you want to do graphics like most of my art, then do vector.

ipe 369

ahah, i know you do vector art, we worked together a while back on a platforming game where you controlled a pig if you remember. I still have that. I never finished it.

osiaslemuel

ahah, i know you do vector art, we worked together a while back on a platforming game where you controlled a pig if you remember. I still have that. I never finished it.
Yea I still remember you and that unfinished project  ;D

ipe 369

shhh, wasn't me that abandoned it;) i just have no idea what the levels should be ;) Ah well, too late now :D

irock

Anyway yeah, just cause you've made a picture out of pixels doesn't mean it's pixelart.
If you save a vector as a bitmap, it becomes bitmap art.

Hectate

I believe a less confusing and more accurate designation for osiasamuel's avatar would be that it is still "Vector Art" however it's currently stored in a bitmap format. If you were to be pedantic about it, all art displayed on a computer monitor is "bitmap art" because the monitor converts it to an appropriate per-pixel representation to display it.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

irock

Maybe you're right but I don't think so.

Joe

When you're talking about a style of digital art, you're talking about its creation process. If you create an image using resolution-independent vector shapes, paths, nodes, etc., you're creating vector art. Exporting it to a bitmap doesn't change anything.

With that said, if you're looking in an online marketplace for vector art, you wouldn't expect to see any PNG images because, while they may have been created in vector form, they're not editable as such.