GLS System

Mirek

Hi guys. I'm having a trouble to get Game Loading System (GLS) into my game. I have the SDK for it and there are two pre-made code which I just need to copy and place correctly and it might work. I'm sure it's something really easy but I can't make it work, I don't know why.

First, I need to initialize the GLS (on the first screen of the game where I also load game save data and stuff). This initialization will be probably made as scene behaviour. It's the first code.

And the second code is to upload the score to server when you click the button. So it'll probably be actor behaviour.

I was trying to make it in code mode. I'm also putting the GLS_SDK in the attachment where you also can read a little readme where are those two little codes I need to put there somehow.

I hope someone will be able to help me and if so, there's also a possibility of financial reward.

Thank you in advance guys :)

rob1221

Did you copy FizzyAPIas3.as into a freeform code behavior?

Mirek

I think it's not needed because you know, this .as needs to be in the folder where the game is. So when I test it, I'll test it in the same folder and when the game will be on the server, there's the file.

But I'll try some things now and also this what you wrote. You may try as well and I hope we'll happily find the solution :)

Mirek

gruffman

what is "Game Loading System" ??? Give us more info
Now available for all Android Devices - Happy Face Concentration
My Games To Date
Find A Face / Hero Of Oda / Snakes And Ladders
Hungry Monkey available at fgl.com for Sponsorship
My site - Gruffgames.com

Mirek

I described in the post what I need to do with that and there's a attachment where you can find it. It's just something like you know, Mochi ads. It initializes when it starts and then you can submit a score and stuff.

captaincomic

Hey, I think you need to try Rob's suggestion anyway. It's true that the file just has to be in the right place, but Stencyl will create a games folder and copy the code there. If you create a Freeform behavior the code will be copied to the right place.

Mirek

Hey, I think you need to try Rob's suggestion anyway. It's true that the file just has to be in the right place, but Stencyl will create a games folder and copy the code there. If you create a Freeform behavior the code will be copied to the right place.

I tried it but it failed again. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Wait. Not maybe, definitely I'm doing something wrong but I don't know what. That's why I need someone who knows what he does and is able to help me. I think it's something easy but I have not a big knowledge of action script so it's a hell for me.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 02:29:41 am by Mirek »

captaincomic

I looked at the code now and tried to convert it to haxe, but wasn't successful. The code contains a lot of 'advanced' features like reflection that I don't know how to convert yet.

Maybe it would be easier with an extension...

Joe

For the record, Haxe does have a reflection API: http://haxe.org/api/type

Tuo

Maybe it would be easier with an extension...

I would love to see one for 3.0. I've been trying to help Mirek one-on-one. Even in 2.2, this loading system is proving to be very challenging... dunno if it is just the system though.

Anyways, for those of us not used to Haxe, it would be nice to have an extension that can handle the AS3 code from sites without tons of hassles (even if it was a "do only in flash" type of thing).
Don't look to me but rather to the One who is the reason for what I do. :)

If you need help, send me a PM. Even if I haven't been on in the forums in ages, I still receive those messages via email notifications. You can also reply to any of my forum posts, regardless of the age (especially if I created it), and I will likely reply.

If you want to see the programming behind certain types of games, feel free to check out my "Demo-" games on StencylForge (http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,16160.0.html)