Die on Collision With Tile (Plz help I'm a noob)

Okay, so Stencyl is a great program and all but there's so much that isn't working for me and it continues to not work every single time I try something new. I'm trying to make a simple maze game. You know, like the Scary Maze? Well, when I get to the part where I program not to touch the walls (just black tiles) nothing works. I downloaded an actor behavior entitled 'die on collision with tile' and attached to scene: Level 1. Nothing. I looked at Stencylpedia, and then I tried to set the group "players" to collide with tiles, and then "tiles" to collide with players, blah blah blah. Still nothing. Stencyl also seemed to provide a "when this actor collides with something else" event but now they don't. I have Stencyl version 2.1.0. Please, whoever can help me will make me happy. I just want to know the program better and be confident that I can make something good from it. If you need pictures just ask, I didn't know what to put since I don't know the problem in the first place.

Tuo

In the coding for your player, make your own collision (with a group) event. Set the group to tiles. Inside the code, tell it to kill self. That is all you need. Premades only make things messier; don't rely on them. It's much better to learn through tutorials instead (i.e. http://www.stencyl.com/help/viewArticle/102/ )

Also, be sure that in your group settings that you have your player's group set to collide with tiles. If not, it won't happen in the first place.
Don't look to me but rather to the One who is the reason for what I do. :)

If you need help, send me a PM. Even if I haven't been on in the forums in ages, I still receive those messages via email notifications. You can also reply to any of my forum posts, regardless of the age (especially if I created it), and I will likely reply.

If you want to see the programming behind certain types of games, feel free to check out my "Demo-" games on StencylForge (http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,16160.0.html)

Wow, I remember writing this. I remember first writing in the way I normally would but then thinking I sounded "too smart" so I dumbed down what I wrote and added words like "noob." Well, I'm not working on this anymore!