Stretching Causes Lines Between Tiles [FIXED, SEE PAGE 3]

rob1221

There are less lines in the maze game than the example game I posted, but they are still there and you'll see them as you move around.

Kazetoon

You're right. Well I think I'm going to try your solution since this bug hasn't been addressed yet.
Little Drop - Try it out!

iphone/ipad Android
Newgrounds Stencyl Arcade Kongregate
Developer Website

Kazetoon

Developers with a small number of tiles can work around this problem by having one tile per tileset, but that isn't feasible with a large number of tiles.
Are you sure this works? I tried separating all my tiles in different tilesets but it didn't change anything, I still get lines between tiles.

iphone/ipad Android
Developer Website

rob1221

It worked when I split my 4 tile tileset into 4 different tilesets.  Make sure there are no blank tiles as they will still cause the lines to show.

Kazetoon

Maybe it is because I was using a tileset with all tiles and all tiles separated into different tilesets in the same scene just to compare.

iphone/ipad Android
Developer Website

Kazetoon

I don't want to seem rude but why hasn't this been addressed yet? Isn't this important? I mean most games use tiles don't they?

iphone/ipad Android
Developer Website

rob1221

It hasn't been addressed yet because memory issues are top priority, and that hasn't been fixed yet.

Kazetoon

Alright, thanks for clarifying.

iphone/ipad Android
Developer Website

rob1221

It looks like the bottom part of plaf/haxe/lib/stencyl/1,00/com/stencyl/models/scene/TileLayer.hx is what does the drawing to the tiles.  Maybe editing that part can solve the problem.

I don't see anything relating to stretching though...hmm.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 01:36:11 pm by rob1221 »

Kazetoon

I don't know a single thing about coding, maybe someone more experienced can take a look at it.

iphone/ipad Android
Developer Website

Dom818

I tried to figure this out today but I got stuck where Rob was. I don't see what is stretching the tiles.

Kazetoon

Was this problem existent in stencyl 2.2? If not is it possible to compare the files?

iphone/ipad Android
Developer Website

rob1221

I don't think that would help, and the 2.2 engine source isn't open anyway.

rob1221

Turning Antialiasing off in Settings > Settings > Advanced solved the problem for my sample game.  Can anyone else confirm that fixes the problem for their own games?

Kazetoon

It did not fix it in my case. It reduced the amount of lines but there are still a few of them. It also messes all of my graphics. They do not look as good.

iphone/ipad Android
Developer Website