Zuki's Quest - a turn based Puzzle Platformer

Vectrex71

Thank you so much, i used the code: PJLYX4LMPAH4

Will play it later today. Wish you all the best for your game !

QUESTION: Does Apple make the small banners in iTunes or do they give a phone call to ask for a banner?

« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 03:31:06 am by Vectrex71 »

h1rnz1lla

For the banner Apple requests a Promotion-Graphic, that you have to upload to them, which they than use in the iTunes store.

letmethink

I think I should share where I am at atm
~Letmethink

h1rnz1lla

have you updated the app yet? we changed the difficulty for 19 & 20. should be way easier now. but looking good so far ;)

Vectrex71

For the banner Apple requests a Promotion-Graphic, that you have to upload to them, which they than use in the iTunes store.

Thank you !

h1rnz1lla

Hey!

So here are some exclusive stats for you guys:

Appannie has tracked 43.602 Downloads.
33% US, 22% China, 7.4% Thailand, 5% Russia, 5% Brazil and the rest is all over the world.

We have made $56 so far with 43 iAp downloads. Here comes the interesting part. My own tracking inside the App reports: 542 iAp downloads. It seems that the piracy rate is about 90%, which is pretty staggering. With Matchagon we did not had those high piracy numbers, but i suspect the high amount of Chinese & Russian "customers" are involved in this incident ;).

Anyways. We have to see how it goes. Again we were featured in 123 countries and have a high exposure right now. We will see how fast we will drop into the abyss after the featuring ends.

rob1221

About 0.1 cents average per download?  Even ads can be much better than that (I have a small sample but I get about 2 cents per download on average).

Jon

90% sounds high, but it can be par for the course for an indie game.

I haven't looked closely at where the paywalls are, but how you handle those can pretty strongly affect the conversion rate for legitimate users.

Although ads may seem like the easy way out, for someone like Arnold who's trying to build a lasting brand, they aren't the right approach.

h1rnz1lla

Yeah it pretty surprising to me, i think we definitely have done something wrong in terms of the payment model here. I though a lot of people would be happy to try out the Game and then decide to buy, but maybe a full priced Premium App would have done better, but you never know. As said we have to see how it goes after 2-3 Weeks and then maybe decide on what to do.

GeorgeN

Maybe the freemium model goes well with consumables and things like that but not with more content.

h1rnz1lla

Could be that we give away too much for free and people already get bored with the game after 5-10mins.

LePoulpe

90% is huge, it shows the interest of trying to make safe IAP.
Have you thought to use something like Applicasa ?

rob1221

If 90% piracy is normal then players must really be tired of games with IAP.  A paid game would probably do better.  Didn't your story game do well as a paid app?

« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 01:37:48 pm by rob1221 »

dtrungle

Er, so there is actually a huge amount of piracy involved with IAPs? My next big project is going in this direction but a 90% hit? Oh my.

h1rnz1lla

yes funny enough our paid kids game, made the same amount of money on monday with 5 payed downloads as zukis with 12000 free ones. Idk if thats normal, but if you search for zukis quest and hack, you find several sites offering methods to bypass iap.

i haven't looked  in applicasa yet.