Do more with games

KAProductions

What if:

We could change our decision (thumbs up or thumbs down) just in case we accidentally click the wrong button or if we change our minds about games.

We could favorite games and they would appear on our personal page under "[username]'s Favorites (That way the Heart can be favorites instead of thumbs up)

Write walkthroughs on a separate tab in the Comments (the default tab could be comments and the other tab could be walkthroughs)

Hi I'm KingArthurProductions. Nice to meet you.

Luxon5

Good ideas all around, can't argue against that. I think the stencyl dudes are probably more focused on building the stencyl platform up to improve game development and as a place to trade resources, which is probably a source of revenue they are counting on. So, the website development is probably secondary, but some simple features like the ones you mention might show up in time. Also, because stencyl exports to flash, you can host your games on big, well developed sites like Kongregate and Newgrounds. Those sites will probably always be way ahead of Stencyl.com in terms of features because that is their specialty.

But, stencyl.com still makes a great showcase for stencyl-made games, and extra website features would always make it better so it's not out of the question at all.

Jon

Website improvements have been slow to come because I'm the only one who's able to work on it, and as Luxon's said, I've been focusing almost entirely on iStencyl since launch.

Nobody else within our volunteer group has a web skillset, but it's one of the earlier positions I'd hire once we had the financial resources to do so.

We'll probably do a small refresh to coincide with the iStencyl launch, but nothing too major at this time. The next major refresh will coincide with the launch of the redesigned StencylForge (dubbed StencylForge 2).

xmagicx60

Website improvements have been slow to come because I'm the only one who's able to work on it, and as Luxon's said, I've been focusing almost entirely on iStencyl since launch.

Nobody else within our volunteer group has a web skillset, but it's one of the earlier positions I'd hire once we had the financial resources to do so.

We'll probably do a small refresh to coincide with the iStencyl launch, but nothing too major at this time. The next major refresh will coincide with the launch of the redesigned StencylForge (dubbed StencylForge 2).
I know this sounds odd, but would you let a random forum user help you with your website for free? I'm pretty good at The database stuff and the design.