Need help creating an event

ohbee086

Sup guys, I'm relatively new to Stencyl and am currently working on perfecting my first game. I am currently creating a level which involves pushing a rock (which i have categorized under a custom group) off a raised platform to kill a series of enemies that are running below with the screen wrap behavior. The problem i am having is, if the rock misses it stays on the floor so the next time the enemy wraps round it hits the rock and dies.(The idea is to hit the enemy on the fall). I need to create some form of event/behaviour which causes the rock to die and respawn back in its original place if it collides with either the floor or with one of the enemies. So far i can make the rock respawn once but when it dies a second time it disappears completely. any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

SadiQ

You could try making a simple IF self hits a member of group Tiles -> Kill self that should kill the rock when it hits the ground. Do the same for the enemies.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers! Doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

ohbee086

Ok. So I managed to work out the currect sequence yesterday and got my rock to respawn repeatedly. I've just gone back onto stencyl today and now it isn't working. Could there be a glitch in the recycle coding???

ohbee086

Thanks for the reply SadiQ. I did try this with the tiles the problem i had there was, the rock is sat on a tile to begin with and it was killed as soon as the scene loaded xD.

Corerupted

Some advice for performance Create a Recycled actor (Rock) and dont kill it just recycle it.
============================
Corerupted
from WorldxLink
RPG/ Strategy Gamer
============================