Image to white screen (Android)

brantsmith

Main Problem:
Game shows background on flash/browser side.
When ported to android the background becomes white.

------------  Details - Details   :D
Hey guys. Recently, I have been working on a game with a fairly large game area (2560,2560) with a (960,540) game size. Yah, pushing the limits :). But anyway, In this game, I have a background image that covers the entire 2560x2560 of the game area. When I attempted to upload this image into a background, It would not allow the image to be set as a background (I assume the size has to do with this). through the use of sneaky game folder tricks, I finally got the 2560x2560 image set as a background and the background displays beautifully on flash/web browser. However, when I ported this over to my android phone, the background was completely white. The funny thing is, my game's default color is black, so if the background just didnt load, you should have seen white. I figured this had something to do with the enormous size of the single image. So I created 4 actors and gave each actor a 1280x1280 piece of the background. This time, because I was only uploading a 1280x1280 piece at a time, stencyl did fine. I then placed the actors on the scene at the 4 corners of the game area. Again, I loaded the game up in flash and sure enough, it displayed perfectly. I then ported It over to my android phone and again, the image (or images in this case) were white.

any help is greatly appreciated.
--
Possibilities:
  - Atlas restricts the size of images. When the images are over ?x? in size, the images dont get
rendered

- ?

« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 05:37:42 am by brantsmith »
Coding is Awesome.
Stencyl is Better.

dtrungle

I recall an issue with the image size. If it is out of the size boundary like your case it is completely white as you can see. I don't remember if 3.0 is any better.

I currently use an 'endless animation' behavior in 3.0 that solves this issue for certain actor animations. I doubt this would work on backgrounds.

brantsmith

I am currently working in 3.0. So what you are saying is that when the image is over ?x? in size, the phone wont render it? Or are you saying that when the image is out of the bounds of the scene, it doesnt get rendered?
Coding is Awesome.
Stencyl is Better.

brantsmith

Fixed It. I split the image up into 16 different images, and put the images side by side. Worked great.
Coding is Awesome.
Stencyl is Better.