Game fails to preview or export...

zerosimms

Seems there's a number of these posts floating around at the moment and the same has just happened to me running Stencyl 2.2.0.

I've tried a number of things including:
Deleting actors
Deleting Scenes
Resaving the game
Exporting, re-importing game
Disabling all behaviors

Yet every build get's so far then... nothing.
I've spent two days (seriously) trying to sort this myself and now I need some help, I need to get this game done for the jam :)

Please can someone help me, the output always seems to complain about the following:

[LOG] Loading configuration file /Applications/>Game Dev Tools/Stencyl/ext-tools/flex/frameworks/flex-config.xml

Full logs attached and thanks for any help in advanced

rob1221

Your workspace is showing up with the > symbol in it which is odd and I don't know what that means.

zerosimms

Ha Ha I do :) (see attached)

Though I can't see why that would have an affect, I've had my laptop set up this way for some time now :(

rob1221

If you didn't change versions or your workspace in a while then that probably isn't the problem.  Just backup your game and start deleting resources one at a time until the game compiles.  Then go back to your backed up game and replace that broken resource.

zerosimms

This is crazy, day four and it's still failing to build. I've done removing actors and code until it works and it doesn't. What I have discovered after using time capsule to get my game back :) is that adding a new scene causes the game to stop previewing.

Any help please? I'm not going to make this deadline otherwise :(

rob1221

I don't see any more specific information in that log.  If you send me the game project I'll take a look at it.

zerosimms

Hey Rob I have PM'd you. Thanks for taking the time out on this one!

rob1221

Inside your game folder, open the snippets folder and delete SceneEvents_1.design.  Your game should build after that.

zerosimms

WOOO HOOO!!! Thank you so much Rob, that worked a treat! Thank you so much!

Do you know what happened or how it's caused?

rob1221

One of your scenes wasn't deleted properly, but I don't know how it happened.