Tranquil Platformer V1.3

Nookriot

Greetings Stencyl Community!

My second game is up for your viewing and playing pleasure. It is a simple platformer complete with my own graphics (however they are VERY basic). The game is playable with Main Menu, Game Over Screen and 5 Grass Levels. There is one basic collectable and one basic enemy(More on the way as soon as I finalize the art assets!).

**Future Versions***
~More Levels
~More Enemies
~SOUND!
~Stay Tuned!!

Hopefully you enjoy!

All constructive criticism welcome and encouraged!

Here is the link:
http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/6482

[EDIT - 20110817 - V1.1]
-Added text to the game over screen
-Added more collectables
-Added more enemies

[EDIT - 20110822 - V1.2]
-Now with a controls screen and a back button. (Will be tightening the text graphics later this evening)
-Clouds added to the background for all levels
-Added temporary BGM (Credit to Ceric & KungFuFurby!)

[EDIT - 20110823 - V1.3]
-Controls screen text is tight and clean now
-Credits screen added
-Jump sound added
-Cartridge collection sound added
-Enemies can kill you now! BEWARE!
-Added death effect and screen reload

« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 08:26:06 am by Nookriot »
[Nookriot]

KungFuFurby

Time for some feedback? Usually I'm able to give some bug reports.

You have a big bad bug in there: When you die in the first level, the music overlaps again and again. Maybe you should have a game attribute that checks what music is playing to make sure it doesn't happen.

The only other bug is when you die, then die again quickly. I recommend adding a check for the scene not transitioning if the player is dead in whatever behavior you're using.
Hi, all! I'm KungFuFurby, music composer. If you're looking for some music for your game, just PM me.
My Works List for Non-Stencyl Games
My Works List for Stencyl Games

tabletop

The music is anything BUT tranquil.

KungFuFurby

It's direct from StencylForge anyways, and was one of my Great Media Gathering tunes. I'm surprised this has been used twice: I found this used at least once before.
Hi, all! I'm KungFuFurby, music composer. If you're looking for some music for your game, just PM me.
My Works List for Non-Stencyl Games
My Works List for Stencyl Games

Nookriot

@KungFuFurby: Thanks for the feedback! I have been occupied with school and life in general and will hopefully be ironing out all issue within the next month or so. Good to hear constructive criticism!

@tabletop: the music is just placeholder until I can make some ambient theta grooves ;-)

Thanks again to everyone!
[Nookriot]