<Missing String> (again)

gamegirlxl

I had an issue that was identical to this one before, and centered around similar circumstances.  After downloading and trying to open a .STENCYL in Stencyl, a Stencyl window appears (although I already had a Stencyl window open, the icons do not stack...and I'm on Windows 7 right now).  It DOES NOT open the game, and most of the words (I believe the exceptions are not from the English language pack, such as "Facebook") in the interface have been replaced by <missing string>.  I attached a picture.

EDIT~I forgot that I couldn't open up any of the scenes, or even switch to another view(such as one to see what actors there are, or what sounds, etc.)  It pretends to do stuff and I see the little circle swirl and mouse animation that replaced the hourglass and mouse icon, but nothing visibly happens.  :P

« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 06:46:18 am by gamegirlxl »

CoroffJalkin

I have the same problem, but I'm on Ubuntu and I haven't even been able to try this yet because of the Missing String glitch. ALSO: Updating doesn't work, it just crashes with no sign or warning.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 11:58:04 am by CoroffJalkin »

gamegirlxl

I know that I haven't updated to 2.2 yet on this computer (lazy), but <Missing String> seems  to only occur when I'm given a project and decide "Hey it's a great idea to open another Stencyl window!"

I was told to debug stuff (in another topic), except I was fine closing Stencyl and opening ONE project, so I didn't bother to debug.

You might just APPEAR to have the same problem, but there's multiple possible sources.  I don't know ANYTHING about Ubuntu except it's an OS.  It might be helpful to check to see if that's an OS problem or something.

Seriously, I know NOTHING about Ubuntu, but I guess it's like Linex.

CoroffJalkin

Linux is only a Kernel, and Ubuntu is based on it. There are currently 300+ Linux based OSs that are still being maintained right now. http://distrowatch.com/ if you want to see a lot of them. If someone was just running Linux on their system, then there wouldn't even be a desktop interface, just a command line.

gamegirlxl

Linux is only a Kernel, and Ubuntu is based on it. There are currently 300+ Linux based OSs that are still being maintained right now. http://distrowatch.com/ if you want to see a lot of them. If someone was just running Linux on their system, then there wouldn't even be a desktop interface, just a command line.

...I don't know too much about OS's, except they remind me of programming languages, especially where you can have a perfectly valid syntax that doesn't function the same way in both (especially '==' in JS, compared to any other language).

I just remembered that someone said that porting over between 2.x and 3.x might cause this issue, although clearly that doesn't seem to be the case.  They said that debugging (one of the few things that aren't <missing string>) might help...

Blue Bit Games

For somereason I get the samething but I took out a behavior that didnt work and exited came back to the game and it was back to normal.There is a huge bug in the game you just have to take it out.