ArtificialStudio's Video Tutorials

ManManAdam

Yes, custom events!  A video on those would be fantastic!

sdieters

I will do that tomorow =)
My new profile is TheIndieStation.
When you see a recent post with this name, i'm probably using my phone. So dont mind any typo's =p

sdieters

finaly got the sound quality i was looking for (sort off), making it able to explain  more in depth of how things actually work. next thing to record:
stencyl 101 - custom events =)
When you see a recent post with this name, i'm probably using my phone. So dont mind any typo's =p

ManManAdam

I've been looking forward to it.  What issues are/were you having with audio quality?

sdieters

if you listen to the Build an RTS part 3 video, you will know what i was talking about...
but i bought myself a brand new mic, a Samson C03U USB microphone with way better audio (the problem was that my previous mic, the olympus me-31 required power feed trough the jack plug, which my sound card didnt support. quite ironic if you know that the Olympus is a decent 25 bucks more expensive then this one hehe). but the good news is, i already recorded the video, but it is rendering atm. it should be live in about an hour and a half, if i dont fall asleep in the mean while when i have to upload it (it's around 3:30 in the morning here, hence the amount of mashed up word and unneccesary mistakes in my vid hehe)...

sdieters

the vid is up =)

MadManAdam

I'm glad you left the mistakes in because it shows us how you went about troubleshooting and how you correct them.  As per my comment on the video I'll just reiterate here, the sound quality sounds good and I'd love to see a tut. on custom blocks at some point in the future.  Thanks for doing the video!

MadManAdam

And another suggestion would be a video on changing the z-order of layers (how to reference them and change their order (what draws on top of what, etc.)).

skiper4e

Could someone help me. I'm making a block placing behavior  where you place a block where you clicked.But i don't want multiple blocks on the same spot.So is there any way i can make the computer NOT do something,like repeating the same code but with a not in front of it

sdieters

It could be done through image API, but I haven't worked with that before. Something that you could do can be found on my build an rts tutorial serie on youtube (artificial studio), then look for the part where I build the grid system.

Derek

Could you do a video on installing extensions? I've tried installing them by following the instructions, but they have no effect when I open Stencyl.
Don't be a critic on the internet while eating and drinking at your computer.