Stencil Does Not Detect Crash Course or Games. [Duplicate]

MeekoSoup

I was told that the crash course shipped with Stencyl, but when I installed it, crash course was no where to be found. It's not even located in the Games folder (the one specified by Stencyl). When I went to install it (via unzipping the zipped file and putting it in the correct Games folder), I realized that not only is Stencyl not detecting the crash course, but it isn't detecting any games in that folder. I even tried downloading a few games through StencylForge, and while I can play them, I can't access any of the resources of those games.

I know that Stencyl isn't detecting these games because when I go to create a new game, the only template option I have is creating a blank game.

I've used many game design software, and have a programming background, so I did do a thorough check, so I'm used to running into issues like these. Which is why I already did a lot of searching around the Internet to see if anyone else had this or a similar problem, before I came to the forums.

Thanks for any help!

[System Information]
Windows 7 - 64 bit

Edit: Something else strange is that the program inserted a folder in my All Programs area of my Start Button Menu, but the folder is empty, like how some programs don't properly remove it after an uninstall. This may or may not be related.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 10:57:58 am by Jon »

Hectate

Just to be clear, is the Games folder you've referenced in your workspace for Stencyl?
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

MeekoSoup

Yes. The games folder I'm referencing is at:   C:\Users\Redpanda\AppData\Roaming\Stencyl\stencylworks\games

kiwikiwi

I also get the same issue. After manually downloading and unpacking the zip with the crash course, Stencyl did recognize the crash course kit, but not the sample games. Manually importing them from inside the application didn't work either.
This also happens on mac and linux.

mq1r2

Mhhhu. Did you try reinstalling Stencyl & removing the 'stencylworks' folder? Do not forget to back up your games!

Joey

Jon

Could you all post your logs?

To be clear, the sample content was unbundled from the app and has to be picked up from the Developer Center now. (Clicking on the Games/Kits area in the Welcome Center will bring you to the same).

kiwikiwi

Hi, after going through the forum posts, I concluded it's the save dialog problem. I reinstalled the latest build and now it works