Invalid SWF file name

pinkpuff

I tried creating a new game in Stencyl 3.0, no template, simply created a blank scene and hit "test game", and an error message pops up saying:

Invalid SWF file name

I'm using Linux Ubuntu. Log file attached.

mdotedot

Hello PinkPuff,

Try to do a forum search. I guess that this is related to the installation of 32 versus 64 libraries.
In case you can't access all forum posts I copy/pasted some stuff from CaptainComic:
I already wrote about this in my first post. As I wrote, to me helped installation of the following 32-bit libraries:
Code: [Select]
sudo apt-get install libxtst6:i386 libXext6:i386 libxi6:i386 libncurses5:i386 libxt6:i386 libxpm4:i386 libxmu6:i386 libxp6:i386
Ah, great, that explains it. So there's no need to download a 64-bit JRE.

So the instructions could look like this:
Installation instruction for Ubuntu and Debian
Installation on other Linux distribution will be similar but the package names could be different. If you have questions, ask on the forum.

1) Packages needed for the compiler:
Install the following packages:
sudo apt-get install libgc-dev

Steps 2 and 3 are only needed if you are on a 64-bit Linux.

2) Packages needed to run Stencyl with the bundled JRE:
Install the following packages:
sudo apt-get install libxtst6:i386 libXext6:i386 libxi6:i386 libncurses5:i386 libxt6:i386 libxpm4:i386 libxmu6:i386 libxp6:i386

3) Packages needed for the standalone Flash player:

On Debian, you need to add 32-bit architecture to the package manager first
sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386
sudo apt-get update

On Ubuntu, the package manager has i386 as a foreign architecture by default. You probably don't need to add it.

Now install the following packages:
sudo apt-get install libgtk2.0-0:i386 libxt6:i386 libxext6:i386 libatk1.0-0:i386 libc6:i386 libcairo2:i386 libexpat1:i386 libfontconfig1:i386 libfreetype6:i386 libglib2.0-0:i386 libice6:i386 libpango1.0-0:i386 libpng12-0:i386 libsm6:i386 libx11-6:i386 libxau6:i386 libxcursor1:i386 libxdmcp6:i386 libxfixes3:i386 libxi6:i386 libxinerama1:i386 libxrandr2:i386 libxrender1:i386 zlib1g:i386 libnss3-1d:i386 libnspr4-0d:i386 libcurl3:i386 libasound2:i386

To make the Gtk warnings about missing themes go away, also install these packages:
sudo apt-get install gtk2-engines-murrine:i386 gtk2-engines-pixbuf:i386

Hope this helps.

Best regards from
M.E.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers! Doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

pinkpuff

For the record, I did do a forum search and it came up with no results.

I tried uninstalling the 64bit version and installing the 32bit version. The result was that now the game will compile and the flash player will launch but I get an error message saying:

[LOG] Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_nvidia.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[LOG] Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_nvidia.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Furthermore, the screen seems to be "offset" a little; screenshot attached for reference.

hypersentient

hello, pinkpuff...
you seem to be the only other user with the same problem I have...
I can't generate swf files... ???

have you had any luck?
I'm getting NO help by asking...

http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,30927.0.html
~hypersentient

pinkpuff

It seems like it's generating an SWF file but it's incorrect or busted somehow.

Jon

If you follow the instructions pasted earlier in the topic, things should work, according to captaincomic (who re-checked that Stencyl works just now). We've put those instructions officially into an article.

http://www.stencyl.com/help/view/install-stencyl-linux

pinkpuff

I did follow those instructions and it did not work.

captaincomic

Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_nvidia.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
That error sounds like it is not directly related to Stencyl, it's probably a problem with your graphics card driver.

Does it work if you lauch the game with Flash ( browser) instead of Flash (player)?
Do you have an Nvidia graphics card? Do you have nvidia-vdpau-driver installed?

pinkpuff

Does it work if you lauch the game with Flash ( browser) instead of Flash (player)?

It does, but it messed with all my browser defaults. When I launched my browser again I had to reassign all my preferences.

Do you have an Nvidia graphics card? Do you have nvidia-vdpau-driver installed?

I don't know what kind of graphics card I have. How do I find out? And yes I installed that driver as per the above instructions.

captaincomic

I don't know what kind of graphics card I have. How do I find out? And yes I installed that driver as per the above instructions.
You can use for example the program 'hardinfo', it shows the graphics card in the Summary under OpenGL Renderer.

If it's not an Nvidia card, try uninstalling nvidia-vdpau-driver (and nvidia-driver).
Otherwise, what do you get when you run
locate libvdpau_nvidia.so?

pinkpuff

You can use for example the program 'hardinfo', it shows the graphics card in the Summary under OpenGL Renderer.

It says "Unknown" (screenshot attached)

If it's not an Nvidia card, try uninstalling nvidia-vdpau-driver (and nvidia-driver).
Otherwise, what do you get when you run
locate libvdpau_nvidia.so?

I get:
/usr/lib/nvidia-331/vdpau/libvdpau_nvidia.so
/usr/lib/nvidia-331/vdpau/libvdpau_nvidia.so.1
/usr/lib/nvidia-331/vdpau/libvdpau_nvidia.so.331.20

So, should I try uninstalling nvidia driver then? I assume the computer will still display something if I uninstall the video driver?

captaincomic

Okay, you can also check under PCI Devices: VGA compatible controller, but I guess it's not an Nvidia card and you can try to remove the driver (it will still display everything, using a fallback open source driver.)

pinkpuff

Ok I uninstalled it and now I'm back to where I was on my March 6 post. Errors looking for VDPAU whatever, and the flash player sort-of works; it's offset down and to the right.

captaincomic

Oh, offset and to the right, you say? And otherwise it works?
I actually have that too, and it's an old problem. Here's some discussion about it: http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,26854.msg154894.html#msg154894 (in the last few posts)

You can get around it by "reloading" the SWF. Just click on the address bar and hit enter.

captaincomic

This is fixed now (in 3.1).