Exploding Actor Resource Pack

coleislazy

Ok, so I figured out the problem!

I made an update and uploaded it to StencylForge, but the old version keeps downloading anyway. So, to fix it on your end, open up the Explode Actor behavior and look for the following line (should be line 56):
Code: [Select]
createRecycledActor(getActorType(7), actor.getX()+i, actor.getY()+j, FRONT);
Replace getActorType(7) with getActorTypeByName("Gib") and it should work.

Sorry about that!

kcorb

That's nice! It's much less laggy now that the gibs aren't insta-gibbing on their exploding actor.

airman4

Hi
I was working on my game and added the great explode behavior of the crazycoleislazy^^
but unfortunetnatly it doesnt work or it unstable

i put some objects wich use the xplode stuff, there are 6
sometimes it works but sometimes the game stops and i got this message error like in attachment.

Why?

coleislazy

Are you sure the error is from my behavior? In the second line of the error message, near the end of the line, it should say which behavior is causing the error. Unfortunately, it can't be seen in the screen shot. Can you check it and see what it says?

If it is from my behavior, I would make sure you do the fix posted above, since it seems I can't get the updated version to upload to StencylForge. After that, check that all attributes have values assigned in the actors Behavior page.

airman4

I see actor push
so it's not yours

but i noticed those errors when i tried your behavior

But i removed it for now.

omey

Very useful.Makes for gory deaths..Thank you!

coleislazy

Hey everyone!

I've been thinking about updating this pack and maybe adding some new features. I've already cleaned it up a bit and made it a custom block (but haven't published the update yet).

Is there any improvements or additions you guys would like to see? Thanks!

omey

Hey cole,If you could add something so that we could generate another gib actor that can be blood,so when the actor explodes,along with the bits you get blood splatter. That would be cool!

Hectate

Omey, that'd be better done by creating a separate actor yourself at the same time and position that way you have full control over the blood (or dust, smoke, etc) actor.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

iblob

Am i doing something wrong all i see is the code no blocks :(

coleislazy

There are no blocks. You'll need to follow the instructions in the description on StencylForge.

I started work on a new version with custom blocks, but I have not published it yet.

captaincomic

This behavior is really nice! :)

For your info: I converted it to Design mode (with blocks) and modified ut a little. You can set a custom actor type now and the copying of pixels is optional (if you turn it off the actor will explode into actors of the chosen type). You can find it on Forge in the "Eye Candy pack".

Minimo

Hey, has this been updated to 3.2 ???

captaincomic

Here's the behavior updated to use the Image API instead of code ;)

Minimo

Thank you !!!!!

Planning to test this and the 'Custom Controls Extension' this weekend !