Stencyl rip-off?

HidetoKoudanshi

Does this look like a direct rip-off of Stencyl or what?
If I ever commission you for code work, please know that I understand how commissioning works. You must get paid first before you will code anything for me. Only once you are paid the agreed-upon price, will you begin coding for me. I respect artists and coders. You deserve to be paid for your hard efforts.

rob1221

No, the block system isn't something new to Stencyl, and Stencyl borrowed that idea from Scratch.

Those blocks don't make sense anyway :P

Justin

The visual code blocks are not a Stencyl-original idea. We actually borrowed the concept from MIT Scratch. Tynker doesn't seem to have much of a focus on making actual games, but for a simple, visual way of teaching kids basic programming concepts.
For Live Support: Join our discord server and ping me @justin.
I'm most often available between 10am and 10pm Japan time. (GMT+9)

gamecorp

first to use code blocks yes mit scratch! :) so no rip-off!:)
Selling Games in flash its like eating a Donut. Selling them In Mobile its like eating a Donut with Jetpack!.

It's a rip off of Scratch.

irock

Believe it or not, Stencyl got the idea (with permission) from MIT Scratch.

HidetoKoudanshi

Ah! Thanks for the clarification, everyone! I really enjoy Stencyl and was worried this app was wronging it through copying.  Good to know what's really going on.

Thanks again!
If I ever commission you for code work, please know that I understand how commissioning works. You must get paid first before you will code anything for me. Only once you are paid the agreed-upon price, will you begin coding for me. I respect artists and coders. You deserve to be paid for your hard efforts.

Warzone Gamez

Off topic, but I checked out that program... Dude, if I joined (which I'm not because it cost 50$ and it doesn't even explain what I'm getting well ) I would be probably THE best developer there! I checked out their games... You can tell it was made by 5 year olds. The program is total junk and its made for 5 year olds. They don't even have a free trail which I find stupid. Just this program is total junk. I find it nearly funny.
Making Dubstep is my passion.  Following
Christ is my greater passion.

View my SoundCloud page here... https://soundcloud.com/noobstep-544260267

QuadraGames

Warzone, you realize that there could be people out there who could be better then you at the program considering you haven't used it, so I think it wouldn't be safe to assume that you're "the best".

Warzone Gamez

Warzone, you realize that there could be people out there who could be better then you at the program considering you haven't used it, so I think it wouldn't be safe to assume that you're "the best".
I didn't say I was the best. Basically if I am as good there as I am here, I would be one of the better ones there.

Also consider it's not meant to be a platform for publishing flash games, Warzone, it's more of a game introducing kids to programming. Settle down my friend.

Warzone Gamez

Also consider it's not meant to be a platform for publishing flash games, Warzone, it's more of a game introducing kids to programming. Settle down my friend.
I understand that it's more of a introduction thing, I just think it would be fun to go there and show off :P

I understand that it's more of a introduction thing, I just think it would be fun to go there and show off :P
I wise man once said to surround yourself with smarter people and look dumb is better than to surround yourself with dumb people and look smart. ;)

HidetoKoudanshi

If you have to compete with 5 year olds to look smart... you're doing it wrong.

Just sayin'. c_c;;;

Dimasko

Interesting. I've never heard of MIT Scratch before. It's interesting to see where Stencyl got some of its roots.