Paper Dash

Satyre

Stencyl Jam Entry : Paper Dash
(a sequel of Paper Dodge - http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/593438)

The game is in wip and ready by 70%. I started at March the 1st, but the idea was completed after the submission of the first game.

The main character has to survive the second challenge in a runner based gameplay. Instead of avoiding obstacles like rain from above as done in the first part, you have to face different obstacles from every direction. The game will not be unfair and the difficulty increases every 60 seconds, by adding new attacks and obstacles which will be summoned by the gods.

There are currently 2 battlefields available, the plains and a cave with different obstacles. I might add more in the future after the jam.

There will be 4 power-ups which can be unlocked by collecting karma points.
The power-ups will have side effects, but you can choose when you want to use them. (e.g: 3rd eye - you can see obstacles before they appear, but when the effect wears out, your field of sight will be decreased for some seconds.)

kin4n

love the colors and the gameplay :)  nice concept and nice idea

Satyre

Thanks. I saw you are also making a runner like game. Your graphics are great :)

Satyre

Hi guys, I've nearly finished my project and need some testers for the gameplay and for the difficulty.  The game is ready for 90%

Does someone of you has interest?

I'll share a link to a test-site in 12 hours from now for the testers.

Greetings.

Ps: Here is another current screenshot, with the power-up icons and the difficulty suggesting colored bar:

Satyre

Finally I finished the game. The only things that I couldn't implement in time were 3 power-ups, which will be activated in the next updates.

Paper Dash is the sequel of Paper Dodge, where the player has to compete in different challenges against the Paper-Gods to become a god himself. The games are endless games and the series will be continued in the future.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Description:
Paperboy is back to compete against the 2nd god Paper-Dōsojin. Survive the wrath of the god of the earth and fire in this runner based game, as the second great challange to become a Papergod. Also face the god of the first challenge.

Run and jump to avoid falling rain, burning blocks, lava, lightning and hills and collect 4 powerups to survive as long as you can. As the game proceeds, the difficulty will be raised.

Use the arrow keys (left / right / up) and be the best runner.

Here are some tipps:
- The lightning balls will paralyse you and slower your left / right movement.
- With higher difficulty, the attacks will be multiplied and stronger (lightning-ball will summon a flash when hits the terrain)
- You can use the boulder at the left as a shield sometimes when jumping and pressing right to avoid incoming hills.

Important:
Due to a lack of free time, the 2nd, 3rd & 4th power-ups are not functional yet. I'll add them in an update the next days, but the game should be playable without them. Thanks for your sympathy.

The next update also will have a better help.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have fun!

http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/25478

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/636548

I'll play and rate your games later. Good luck everyone :)