"Actor" resets to "Self" upon reopening behavior

kodykid168

Whenever I change the "for Self" part of a block in this behavior to "for Actor" (referring to the default actor attribute) and then close and reopen the behavior, it reverts to "for Self."  Any idea why this happens???

I couldn't get a good screenshot of the problem, but the "for Actor" pieces at the end of those blocks reverted already and are actually "for Self". And they say so when you click the dropdown menus.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 01:18:16 pm by kodykid168 »

SadiQ

When you create an ACTOR BEHAVIOR, all those blocks use "for Self" to let you know that you are affecting the actor to which the behavior is attached.
The dropdown menu allows you to affect a different actor IF you use an attribute for that actor and IF AND ONLY IF you want to affect an actor that the current behavior is NOT attached to that actor.

P.S. You should post your questions in the "Ask a question" thread from now on.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers! Doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

kodykid168

When you create an ACTOR BEHAVIOR, all those blocks use "for Self" to let you know that you are affecting the actor to which the behavior is attached.
So then, what is the default "Actor" attribute for? What I do know is that my behavior DOESN'T work when the blocks say "for Self" and it did before they started automatically changing back (which is, BTW, what my question was asking.)

SadiQ

If you created that as an SCENE BEHAVIOR then you need to create an actor attribute and select that attribute instead of the "Actor" choice you see in that dropdown menu.
Here's an example of one way to do it:
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers! Doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.