[Mac OS X] User Interface glitches on the latest build

dripple

With one of the later updates, at least on my 15" retina MacBook, the UI of Stencyl has some glitches:

- sometimes flickers while drawing
- rarely empty dialog backgrounds for a very short period, then the dialog gets painted (very short, but noticable)
- all dialogs have lost their rounded corners (black rectangled background)

(15" MacBook Pro, retina display, running Mavericks with Java 6 installed)

« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 10:42:43 am by captaincomic »
Sure, my games won't get better with all the new features of Stencyl.
But I do have more fun creating bad ones.

MayazCastle Keeper

Hmmm... I just tried stencyl on my 15" retina Macbook Pro with Java 7, and I did not see this. You should try upgrading to java 7, it might help!  :)

dripple

I should give it a try :-)

(Stencyl downloads, installs and uses Java 6 if it can't find a Java 6 install)

MayazCastle Keeper

Dom818

I've had these issues for quite a while on my 15" Retina Macbook; can't quite remember when they started, but they still exist on OS X Yosemite. I think I have both Java 6 and 7 installed.

Hmmm... I just tried stencyl on my 15" retina Macbook Pro with Java 7, and I did not see this. You should try upgrading to java 7, it might help!  :)

I thought part of Stencyl did not work well with Java 7 (like Android exporting). Does that still work?

I thought part of Stencyl did not work well with Java 7 (like Android exporting). Does that still work?
I never had any problems (yet) while using stencyl 3.1 with java 7. Then again, I have not done very much. I checked, and I am running java 7 version 60. Now I have a screenshot of what stencyl looks like to me:

dripple

I never run anything else then Java 7. Android works well for now, but the issue is - as far as I rememnber - the Android Keystore. It's not working on Java 7 and you need him to create a final key for submission. Haven't done this yet.

MayazCastle Keeper

captaincomic

This may have been a side effect of a fix for Linux (to prevent semi-transparent windows). I'll try to make the fix Linux-only.

captaincomic

It's just a shot in the dark, and I'm currently not set up to test on OS X.

I committed the change, please let me know if it helped.

Dom818

The fix seems to have worked for me. I'm running the Yosemite Preview 3.

captaincomic

Great! I'll assume it's fixed (unless someone reports otherwise.)