Newbie game making

droider

Can i make a hangaroo style game here at stencyl? help please

iAxilla

You can make almost anything with Stencyl. I discovered it a week ago and I could say I already know a lot about it.

At the beginning i experimented a lot and now i know how many things in Stencyl work.

For my first project I started making an expert space game which will be awesome if I actually finish it.  :)

siddharth93

You can make almost anything with Stencyl. I discovered it a week ago and I could say I already know a lot about it.

At the beginning i experimented a lot and now i know how many things in Stencyl work.

For my first project I started making an expert space game which will be awesome if I actually finish it.  :)

You cannot make 3D games.
(Sorry for being a smartass)

Well seriously, I wanted to make a game like House of the Dead, I mean come on it was made in the 1900s and still there is not a easy way to making that kind of game.
Also, being unable to zoom in and zoom out the camera, there are some games that can't still be made.

iAxilla

I didn't say it was easy, it's quite hard making good games, even simple ones can sometimes be hard to make.

Also about the zooming camera, it IS possible there is just no behavior for it so you would need to think it through and make your own code (I will need to do this for my game so i might share the code when i make it) but I think this might be implemented and much easier in future updates of Stencyl.

EDIT: You can fake zoom with actor growth and tweening so instead of zooming camera you can zoom actors. This might come in handy to someone.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 09:15:02 am by iAxilla »

siddharth93

I didn't say it was easy, it's quite hard making good games, even simple ones can sometimes be hard to make.

Also about the zooming camera, it IS possible there is just no behavior for it so you would need to think it through and make your own code (I will need to do this for my game so i might share the code when i make it) but I think this might be implemented and much easier in future updates of Stencyl.
Wow, that zoom function will really come handy, only two things that make me sad about using Stencyl for 2D game dev is the zoom and the bitmap animations.

LIBERADO

............only two things that make me sad about using Stencyl for 2D game dev is the zoom and the bitmap animations.
And poor performance of Box2D when a few dozen actors collide against each other simultaneously.

By the way, "the bitmap animations"? What is the matter with the bitmap animations?

« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 04:10:44 pm by LIBERADO »
I'm spanish, excuse me for my bad English.
I'm not a private teacher. Please, post your questions in the public forum.

siddharth93

............only two things that make me sad about using Stencyl for 2D game dev is the zoom and the bitmap animations.
And poor performance of Box2D when a few dozen actors collide against each other simultaneously.

By the way, "the bitmap animations"? What is the matter with the bitmap animations?
Would prefer vectors, inefficient to add 4x images to adjust for scaling.

LIBERADO

I'm spanish, excuse me for my bad English.
I'm not a private teacher. Please, post your questions in the public forum.