Player Actor behaviors quit functioning after wall jumping

8bitwit

Here's an image explaining what happens. After the Player actor wall jumps off a block and hits the bottom of the platform tiles up above, it drops to the ground, slides to a stop, and isn't able to walk or move in any direction. It is still able to jump, but only straight up.

I'm using Jump and Run Plus from Stencylforge as a basis for my game. I've changed the walking acceleration to 100, and the max walking speed to 40. I've also deactivated running, air jumping, ducking, ground pound and ledge hanging. Also, a few tiles were added to demonstrate this.

It's being done with Stencylworks version 1.04 (b404)

Greg

I was able to reproduce your issue.  Then I tried with the standard Jump and Run kit from forge and was not able to make it happen.  So it looks like some issue just with this game -- narrowing down what the actual issue is might be the tricky part.  I should delete that game and rebuild it from the standard kit on Forge -- I think it was built off an older version originally and has not kept up.

Greg

Turned out to be easier than I expected -- it's a faulty version of the On Ground behavior.  If you open that behavior, go to the "when collided" section - and then remove the "for each collision point" block (and everything in it), things should work fine.

8bitwit

Thank you kindly, that seemed to do the trick.

With that being said, I've decided to remake mine with the standard Jump and Run to get a better feel for Stencyl and to make sure there may not be any other faulty behaviors.

Thanks again!